Alumacraft 12ft ducker.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heroonk

Reaction score
under water 3 yrs,holes,tears missing rivets.bow on both sides caved in,stern also.it has been welded,bonded,fiberglassed.No more drilling,hope to use gflex with fiberglass and 3m 4000 adhesive. If not floating I will donate to state waterfowl area.

Fiberglass covering an aluminum hull sounds like a dissaster looking to happen !! If you really want it to float just scrape off all the loose stuff then brush on a couple coats of " leak stopper" roofing sealant. Dries clear, fairly cheap, thicker than most sealants, will leave a tough flexible covering that will stop all leaks and it lasts a long time. Availiable thru home depot and tractor supply. Best and cheapest thing I know of !!

I've seen guys fiberglass rotted pontoon boats. It's ugly, but it works. Not sure how cost-effective it would be. I would probably search for a cheap hull on FB or Craigslist. The time you lose is probably worth more than the hull.

I would replace the rivets and definitely try the leak stopper that Airshot recommends first.