Alumacraft 1448 Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm in the process of starting my first project. I'm picking up a new Alumacraft 1448 in the next few weeks, but I've been working on a template for my mods.

I attached my template for your viewing pleasure. I'd just like some feedback from some more experience guys.

I'm planning on the left compartment being a rod locker with the rest being normal storage. Considering having batteries upfront for trolling motor, lights, and depth finder and then batteries in the back for everything back there. I'm holding out hope to be able to put a small console with built in storage, but I'm not completely sold I'll want to sacrifice the space just yet.

Also, the Alumacraft has a built in storage unit that can be used as a livewell. Any reason I shouldn't just leave it where it is?

Like I said, this will be my first project, so I wanted to throw down all my ideas and work backwards from there.

Thanks in advance. I'll keep all my updates on this thread as I go through the process.

Attachments

• boattemplate.jpeg.jpg
    boattemplate.jpeg.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,359
I would definitely go with out the cable steer. It takes up a lot of room...like the guy said above. Take a peek at my thread...I have a 2015 alumacraft 1648. It might give you some ideas. Also...I have my trolling motor batteries up front and one battery for starting and electronics in the rear. To get the most out of your trolling motor keep the cable run short. You want your weight evenly distributed not all in the rear or one side. Just some things to think about.

Yeah, I think it will be totally worth hacking that off to have a rod locker on there. I haven't seen too awful many with lockers on them, but the one's I have seen all look great.