Alumacraft V16 Lunker Floor Removal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bpotts5

Reaction score
Before I screw this up thought I’d ask for help! My question is, do I have to remove my bench seats (that are riveted to the hull) to get the wood out? Or.. will it slide out from underneath? I really don’t like the idea of drilling holes in the side of my boat to remove the factory rivets?! Thanks in advance for the advice!!

Attachments

• IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2671.jpeg
    IMG_2671.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2668.jpeg
    IMG_2668.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2637.jpeg
    IMG_2637.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2638.jpeg
    IMG_2638.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 0
Is the wood top on the bench screwed down? I'd remove all that carpet and expose the wood to see. The wood looks saturated, is it water logged? Assuming the wood bench opens up the content of the bench then you're set. If it's solid aluminum I have no answer for you other then to pop the rivets. I have no idea where you'd get it re riveted.

I'm hoping what I said makes some sense, if I blew it, just call me dummy and wait for another to come along.

Looks like the floor is in sections. If you can pull one up, then maybe the others will slide out from under the flange at the bench box. I think I might take the bet that the floor doesn't extend all the way under the seats.

Like @Crazyboat says, if you can easily pop the bench off, you would be able to see what is going on -- unless they are filled with foam.

Looks like the floor is in sections. If you can pull one up, then maybe the others will slide out from under the flange at the bench box. I think I might take the bet that the floor doesn't extend all the way under the seats.

Like @Crazyboat says, if you can easily pop the bench off, you would be able to see what is going on -- unless they are filled with foam.

The 1st 3 pictures are with the bench top removed. Pictures are from inside the bench seat with top removed.

Is there a floor section where you can drill out the rivets that are holding the floor down then lift that section out? If yes, then could you remove the remaining floor rivets and the fasteners seen inside the bench areas and slide that part of the floor out from under?

If not and you don't intend to save the floor, I would consider cutting out an accessible section in the middle then proceeding as above.