Alumaweld Windscreen

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Mike

Reaction score
I’m a newbie to the group but not restoration. Right now I’m restoring a tired 97 Alumaweld H51 and its windscreen/windshield is missing. If there’s anyone out the making them specific to this year & model I’ve not found them. I’d buy an old, cracked one to use as a pattern if I could find one. Any suggestions appreciated.
Mike

You can make a pattern out of cardboard and make a new one from lexan.
Lexan, polycarbonate can be found at most big box hardware stores.

I had a custom grab rail and windshield made for my Lowe center console by Unique Fabrications Unlimited (they have a facebook page and I got a deal through Ebay for them). Their website is https://www.elevationmarine.com/products/custom-windshield-wrap and they might have the correct dimensions for a standard Alumaweld windshield. If not, they can tell you how to measure for the windshield if they are still doing them.

Attachments

• Lowe_1652_5.jpg
    Lowe_1652_5.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 422
My windscreen is bass boat style - wrap around with compound curves which compounds the difficulty of fabrication. Looks like I’ll be trying my hand at heat forming some acrylic.
Thanks all

Watch the temps! It can go from pliable to forming internal air bubbles in short order, or so I've been told.

Roger

I’ve bent polycarbonate using a brake while gradually applying pressure while applying heat and it worked well. Acrylic will be something new but I’ve got some scrap to practice on.

Latest posts