Aluminum Hull Care

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZ707

Reaction score
Hi all.
I have a 17 foot 1987 Lund Rebel Mr. Pike with the Pro Deck option that I got a while back. I also have a 1993 Tracker V16 that I've had for about 6 years now and has been falling apart. For the last year or so it has been dieting the death of a thousand pin holes and just last month I was pushing it across the yard and a piece of aluminum fell off the transom. Its a good thing I put a 800 GPH pump in there because it definitely is needed every 30 minutes or so. I am wondering how I keep my Lund that is actually in great condition with the exception of the rear of the boat that is a bit crushed from the previous owner dropping her on the ramp from the same fate? When I got my tracker it already had signs of tiny scale spots on the hull but I got it anyway and I definitely got my $700 out of it. I just really like my Lund and it does great in the SF bay where it spends most of its ride time but I am starting to notice the slightest bit of the same scale spots on the hull. It is the perfect boat for me as it is just big enough to get us into trouble and still not have to take a lone out for the Ca gas. We've had it in Bodega Bay and it did okay but it isn't really where I want to be often.
Any advice is appreciated and if you see a red and white Lund with a Tin Boats decal on it say hi.

I'm not a salt water boater but rinsing off your boat with fresh water every time you take it out, don't have carpeted bunks, never use treaded wood and don't use the hull as part of the electrical system.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I'm not a salt water boater but rinsing off your boat with fresh water every time you take it out, don't have carpeted bunks, never use treaded wood and don't use the hull as part of the electrical system.
Yeah. I have all that covered. I do have an electrical gremlin somewhere in here though as when I fire up my engine I can hear it on my VHF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the interference on the radio, it sounds like you have a RF shielding issue. Try moving wires that go to/from the radio away from other wires. You can also try ferrite noise suppressors. They are the little sleeve you see clipped on some power cords. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-Ferrite-Noise-Suppressor/dp/B0002MQGE0

Regarding the hull, keep it clean and painted.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk