Anchor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid we had a cinder block for an anchor. It was my job to pull it up, and I remember always bringing it up real slow and steady, lots of times I caught a crab hiding in there. My dad would have to net the cinder block before it came out of the water if I had one.

If you want to buy an anchor that will hold in sand, mud, rocks or anything else and is nearly impossible to hang up here it is.
https://www.diggeranchor.com/
I made my anchors for many years went thru about 4-6 a year, since changing to a Digger I have used the same front anchor for four years. I did lose one back anchor because of a cotter pin rusting out. I know they are not cheap but like in most things you get exactly what you pay for.

What rivers do you fish in PA. I fish the Yough and any anchor you use you are gonna have a hard time with. I've cut 3 anchors in one summer. I use a mushroom anchor now and it works better than any others I've tried. The river anchors just get hung up and wedged and you'll never get em back. Even the mushroom locks up sometimes. You may have to drag it a while but it will catch and hold you and most times you'll get it back.

After losing many river anchors and a couple mushroom anchors in the St. Joe river here in MI i had enough. After cutting loose a anchor i looked over on the bank and saw a bunch of concrete blocks. I grabbed one that had a third of it broke off and used it for the last 4 or 5 years until i had to break it into peices to hold my truck on a steep boat landing. Best anchor i have ever used on my 14ft jon. Always holds every time. Im cheap too, so these work real well.

Latest posts