ANOTHER good use for wine corks....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Since my wife has been out of town for a while, I, somehow, accumulated some wine corks.

Whilst putting away some lures...I started to do the usual 15 minute untangling process, and remembered that there was a better way. Inside of an old tackle box that my uncle had, no lures were badly tangled. He, also, had a good use for wine corks...after he drank the wine, of course.

I think this process is best handled by a small band saw. I can't see a safe way to slice the corks with any other tool that I own. The corks best fit small, #8 and smaller hooks.

Sliced up properly, they make great hook guards, and the price is RIGHT!
regards, Rich

2012-04-20+15.15.21+resized.jpg

thats too funny... i just bought a sack full of lures, i'm trying to figure out how many bottles of wine i have to drink.

Two buck Chuck is $3.00 around here. As far as box wine goes....there is a Black Box brand that tastes pretty darn good. Pricey compared to other box wines, though. Try it. Rich

Neat ideal. I don't drink but the local fabric and hobby store sells corks in differant sizes for all kinds of projects, I might try that.