another new guy.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ben2go said:
Lots of acreage without the center bench.Did the center bench have a live well or storage box?

no live well or storage...im going to put rod storage on the starboard side and rig up some fancy storage type deal on the port side that will keep my graph and gps kinda dry. also will put a couple of pedastol mounts in the floor for some seats . and im putting a couple of hatch covers in the front deck...sure is alot of space up there that i would hate to be able not to get too.

hoyt

hoytultratec said:
russ010 said:
You have got a great project to get on there - just be sure to include your son in the process... it'll be the most valuable time spent together aside from hunting and fishing! Be sure to take/post lots of pics.. some of us guys live for this site and the enjoyment/satisfaction it's members get out of seeing the end result of the conversion.

oh he is and will part of the project....he seems to catch most of the fish.View attachment 1

Just gotta love those summer kings. About 16-18 lbs?

flounderhead59 said:
hoytultratec said:
russ010 said:
You have got a great project to get on there - just be sure to include your son in the process... it'll be the most valuable time spent together aside from hunting and fishing! Be sure to take/post lots of pics.. some of us guys live for this site and the enjoyment/satisfaction it's members get out of seeing the end result of the conversion.

oh he is and will part of the project....he seems to catch most of the fish.View attachment 1

Just gotta love those summer kings. About 16-18 lbs?

yeah they were in the ball park..we had a great summer out there in 07..but i ended up selling my boat this summer in hopes of buying a bigger one....but had a bunch of problems with sick inlaws and my wife having her spine fused...then my father inlaw passed in august...so lets just say no fishing this summer.

hopefully thing will be better in 09 and hopefully i can get my bigger boat (21' starcraft islander :) ) or similar boat. im done with Inboard outboards...so whatever i get its gonna be a outboard.

whew! been away from here a while, managed to get some work done on the boat,got a front deck framed , floors in and began to think about rod storage...this is just a dry fit still got to carpet everything and run some wire.

will get some pics up this weekend when i got back to work on it....from all the ideas i got here it will be sweet :mrgreen:

got the front deck done and got all the plywood cut for floors, decks,ect. gonna be doing all the carpet work tommorrow and assembling the boat then its all down hill from there. next year gonna work on a motor upgrade like a 40 hp...more pics to follow next weekend.

almost forgot gotta pull some wire and add some support blocks below the floor in the middle seat yet tomorrow. gonna wire it all up next weekend just need to make a stop at cabelas for a few things. and frame in rod storage on both sides.

Attachments

• front deck.jpg
    front deck.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 160
  • new floor.jpg
    new floor.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 160
  • behind.jpg
    behind.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 160
few odds and ends to finish, need to get a new impeller put in the motor didnt run for 3 years so dont want to chance it, only took 3 pulls to get it to fire up. over all happy with the way it turned out I got 400 bucks into it.

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 221
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 221
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 221
  • boat 4.jpg
    boat 4.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 221
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 221
Your boat looks great,nice job.
I have the same outboard(maybe),it's a 1986 Mariner but it's made by Yamaha.It's on a 1652 modV,I get 27mph by myself with 13pitch,with a bigger load I switch to a 11 pitch and the speed drops to I think around 24(havn't used it in awhile).I got it for a good deal,starts great,havn't hade any problems with it but I've had a 40hp on the boat before and if I get a good deal on one or even bigger I think I'd grab it.
Nice job again on your modding.

Zum said:
Your boat looks great,nice job.
I have the same outboard(maybe),it's a 1986 Mariner but it's made by Yamaha.It's on a 1652 modV,I get 27mph by myself with 13pitch,with a bigger load I switch to a 11 pitch and the speed drops to I think around 24(havn't used it in awhile).I got it for a good deal,starts great,havn't hade any problems with it but I've had a 40hp on the boat before and if I get a good deal on one or even bigger I think I'd grab it.
Nice job again on your modding.

thanks! next year i am gonna look for a 40hp used motor for it, iv been in the boat once when it was my father inlaw was alive and it was finished similar mabey a bit lighter but he was a heavy guy and it was deffinatly no speed demon. I will check what pitch prop i got and might get a 11 if it will help.

thanks

I bet it already has the 11,I bought the 13pitch after for $30 at a yard sale.
I see your changing your impellor,thats a good idea.
I pretty bad at stuff like that,I never changed the one in mine,seems to be pumping fine and not getting hot but it's better to be safe then sorry.

Zum said:
I bet it already has the 11,I bought the 13pitch after for $30 at a yard sale.
I see your changing your impellor,thats a good idea.
I pretty bad at stuff like that,I never changed the one in mine,seems to be pumping fine and not getting hot but it's better to be safe then sorry.

i was gonna take it in for the new impeller, I would do it myself if i could find the exact way to do it,I dont have a manual unbolting the lower unit isnt a problem its the shift rod and how to disconnecting it is where i had problems on my 2000 25hp ( i ended up taking it in).

couple more pics. I used 1 1/4 oak for backing under the front light and trolling motor. water sealed all of the oak should last for years. all ply wood wa treated I know its a no no but the boat was finished before the same way w/ treated aluminum showed no affects, I bought the wood last summer and it sat all winter and dried . put 1 coat of water sealer on it all. let it dry for 2 weeks before i did carpet.

Attachments

• gas tank.jpg
    gas tank.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 292
  • graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 292
  • trolling motor.jpg
    trolling motor.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 292
got the new rig on the water today, fished a local lake for some gills and the new boat fished awsome plenty of room and stability, have my 30 hp in the shop getting a new impeller put in so i just threw my nissan 8 hp (didnt break any speed records lol) but got some ok gills nothing like im use too, but the kid wanted to keep some to eat.

Attachments

• dylan gill 2.jpg
    dylan gill 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 263
  • dylan fishing lots of room.jpg
    dylan fishing lots of room.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 263
  • the catch.jpg
    the catch.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 263
Looked like a great day of fishing.
Glad the boat worked for you and looks like you had a nice feed.

Zum said:
Looked like a great day of fishing.
Glad the boat worked for you and looks like you had a nice feed.

yep they all went in the grease and were delicious :D nowtofigure what say to skip out of work again :lol: