Bassmaster Elite Series Marshal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Ahab said:
To equate bass fishing with professional athletics is absurd.

Wasn't neccesarily equating them myself, just stating....I would much rather get to go out and be in the boat with a pro bass fisherman than be stuck in some cramped stadium bleachers all day. As shamoo said, Different strokes for different folks.

Captain Ahab said:
To equate bass fishing with professional athletics is absurd.

This might be the one time I disagree with you... Sport is defined as any activity where you play to win. These guys who bass fish probably put in more work than most of the guys in pro sport teams, and get less out of it. Fish everyday, workout everyday, just like those who play pro sports.. only pro fishers don't don't get the comfort of being home every night (never hear about pro fishers shooting themselves in the legs at night clubs...).

Anways - to be labeled a professional - you have to be doing the same thing for atleast 5 years before you are "theoretically" determined a pro... most of these guys were doing in FLW or whatnot, so theres' your professional status.

Not harping on you, but I was a Sport Management major and I had to hear this crap all the time then too... just like a lot of people screaming that cheerleading is not a sport (and I still believe it's not until they get into competitions to WIN)

Captain Ahab said:
For $25.00 I will take anyone out fishing and let them watch - and I will catch fish

For $50.00 I will not talk

and for $100.00 they can actually fish as well

or............................

Just go fishing on your own. To equate bass fishing with professional athletics is absurd.

Fishing should be an Olympic Sport.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Relax guys - like poking a honets nest with my ugly stick

i am just extremely jealous that they get paid to fish - so until i get paid to fish i intend to keep ripping at all those lame *** pro fishing guys.

Sheeesh, i aint never seen them catch a big old catfish anyone can catch a dumb LM bass

Captain Ahab said:
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Relax guys - like poking a honets nest with my ugly stick

i am just extremely jealous that they get paid to fish - so until i get paid to fish i intend to keep ripping at all those lame *** pro fishing guys.

Sheeesh, i aint never seen them catch a big old catfish anyone can catch a dumb LM bass

There ya go Capt. - dig yerself in deeper :p :p

Captain Ahab said:
Just go fishing on your own. To equate bass fishing with professional athletics is absurd.

Good to know i am not the only person that completely disagrees with that statement.

I don't consider bass fishing a sport,just like poker...why is it on my sports channels???Cheerleading,thats diffenitly athletic and beach volleyball(womens),theres something to watch:)

Anyways,,,I hope you get picked and have fun and really enjoy yourself.
I know I've spent $100 on alot worse things.

Zum said:
I don't consider bass fishing a sport,just like poker

Hey now, haven’t you ever heard of the low impact sports league? At least that’s what my wife calls it. :LOL2: I think I am its only member. Poker, darts and fishing them my games of choice nowadays. Seriously though, tourney fishing may not have the immediate physical impact on your body like football or hockey but I can tell you after years of doing local tourneys and prefishing for them my back, shoulder and wrist has taken a beating. Is it a sport? I don’t know but I think anything that gets your body moving, gets you doing something other than your daily routine and you enjoy it, can be a sport to you.

one of the guys i fish with here was a Marshall.
He said it was fun but he wouldn't do it again...
he said the guys he drew didn't talk much and just fished didn't learn the reason why they fished a spot or pattern what they looked for in practice. what he learned was from watching what they were doing. when you add in the price don't forget the food and lodging for the 3 days

I would pay if i was able to fish...

One of my colleagues at work recently did the Marshall thing. The first day he was on a boat with an up and coming young pro (I can't recall his name), and the second day he was with Rick Clunn all day watching him pull in some keepers. He did say that Clunn didn't talk until after he'd caught his 5th keeper, then he held some conversation the rest of the day. My friend also told me he'd never seen anyone (except Clunn) cast, take a bite of a sandwich, put the sandwich under his arm, retreive, and then do it all over again, until the sandwich was gone, or he caught a fish. That's what you call a working lunch! :lol: