Boat flooring ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKBirddog

Reaction score
I just got a "new to me" 15 ft Richline semi-v and at this time of year I would rather be fishing than fooling around with mods on the boat. Here's the deal, there is not any kind of deck on this boat, just a aluminum shell and 3 bench seats, so when you drop something it kinda sounds like the gong on the old "Gong Show". Here's what I was thinking... would buying some of the rubber flooring they use in horse stalls work? Cut it down to fit between the braces and just lay it in or maybe stick it down with a little 3M adhesive until I get around to putting a real deck in it. If nothing else it should cut down on the "bell" effect.

Whatcha think?

Shouldn't even have to glue it,there pretty heavy.Carpet might quite it down enough for you,temperarily.Nice boat.

Have you bought anything yet? If not do you have any quarries close? Usually they have alot of junk to them belt rubber maybe you could get some of that?

I was going to use rubber mats with half dollar sized holes. They sell them at Lowes in 2x2' squares. Didnt want to try picking minners from inside the holes.

sccamper said:
I was going to use rubber mats with half dollar sized holes. They sell them at Lowes in 2x2' squares. Didnt want to try picking minners from inside the holes.

Fill it a couple inches deep with water,instant built in bait well. :mrgreen:

Man,I'm so smart I even amaze myself. :LMFAO:

Not yet. I found what I thought would be perfect at Tractor Supply but the closest one is about 30 miles away. I was in Lowes yesterday and lo and behold they have the same stuff for about $10 less that TS. It's about 1/4 inch thick and comes in a roll 4' x 6', I think I can get away with one roll as I am only going to place it between the braces for the time being. It may stay that way as most of the time this boat will be used for kitty fish an the ability to take a water hose to it for claening is mighty appealing. I'm gonna run by Lowes on Friday pick up the may and get some I/O carpet and redo the bunks while I am in the fix-it mode, should have the motor back from the shop by the middle of the week, so good lord's willing and the creeks don't rise I might be able to take her out for a good shakedown run sometime this weekend.

Thanks for all of the input folks. I'll let y'all know how this works out.

OKBirddog said:
Not yet. I found what I thought would be perfect at Tractor Supply but the closest one is about 30 miles away. I was in Lowes yesterday and lo and behold they have the same stuff for about $10 less that TS. It's about 1/4 inch thick and comes in a roll 4' x 6',

That isn't the same as TSC has, it's nearly 1" thick, so TSC would be the better deal. The last one I bought was $30 & is 4'X6'

ST

Slimetime, I found the stuff you were talking about at a local farm store here in N/E Oklahoma. 4x6' about 3/4" thick and it weighs a ton. $38 for the mat, so it is now sitting beside the boat ready to be sliced and diced to fit in the boat. I got new bunk boards cut and carpeted ready to go on when I get a little help getting the boat off the trailer. The newly fixed motor is sitting in the shed ready to go on as soon as I get the new bunks on. Then it will be time for a shakedown run. This will be the last things I do to her before I take her out. I want to get her wet and maybe do a touch of fishing while I am at it.

But it's great at deadening sound :wink: It's great for standing on too. You'll never know it's in the boat.

A sharp utility knife & a straight-edge is the best way to cut it. Good luck on the trip, hope ya catch a few!

ST

Latest posts