BPS Topper Package Prices

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aswald

Reaction score
Got some numbers from a kind sir at Bass Pro. I stopped in on a rainy Sunday to check their inventory, which was low across the board on boats last time I went. Looks like they've gotten some arrivals since last I was there, a handful of their 10 - 15K regular bass boats and a whole bunch of Toppers. They had prices listed on the hulls, $50 more than you find on Trackerboats.com plus the normal freight charge and tax.

While on my way out I glanced past an advertisement in a sign post with package deals for small Toppers and small merc out boards. I remembered some of the prices and as I walked out, did the math in my head of what the savings was. And while I don't remember the prices on that sign now, it prompted me to email the sales rep at the local BPS about package deals on larger toppers, which were not shown or mentioned on the advert. Below is what he responded with. I couldn't really find good BPS pricing anywhere online and merc pricing is high anywhere you look that even has it listed. Figured I'd share.

That being said, the below Topper 14 package: $850 (BPS price for bare hull) + $1,759 (Cabela's listed price for 6hp merc) = $2,609

The Topper 14 is paired with a 6M and is priced at $2,099 (savings of $510). To upgrade to a 9.9M($2,239) is $2,549 (savings of $540).
The Topper 1542 is paired with a 9.9M and is priced at $2,799. To upgrade to a 15M is $3,079.

We have Shoreland’r trailers for our Topper series of Boats and I have 2 models that fit both boats. SLB 10 TM fits both and is priced at $699. The SLB 10 TL is a foot longer, and I think would trail a little smoother and it is priced at $749.

The trailers are rated for up to 1200 lbs. The line carries a smaller 700 lb trailer, but the rep didn't mention that he carried them.

With $500 savings you can buy a 9.9 package and sell the new hull if you really wanted to, then apply the merc rebate (if it isn't already factored in) and you'd be so far ahead on a new motor you'd make your friends jealous.

It also has helped put into perspective the price of similarly configured jons for sale on Craigslist.

Also, Tracker Topper 2013/2014 models now appear to have ribs that extend up the side as found on Alumacraft. As recently as 2008 and still on the pictures on trackerboats, it doesn't show this. It does mention it in the verbal description but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Right?

2011 Tracker 1542. Not real happy at the moment. This is where the bow handle bolts thru the front edge of the front bench. This area has never really been stressed!! This is my first Tracker, purchased new May 2011. It will also be my last!!!

Attachments

• trackercrack.jpg
    trackercrack.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 582
I bet they tried to force-match that bench to the hull and there was a gap between the bottom of the bench and the hull. It won't pull all the way out because it is sitting flush now, but that is still crappy. They do have warranties. I would see if they will fix it or pay to have it fixed locally. That's just my .02, and not to be taken as gospel.

Sucks about the crack. But if it's a 2011 you should still be within the 3 year warranty. When you boat that boat new part of the cost and likely part of the reason was warranty. Time to use it. If you're gonna take it in for service, since it's likely only a year left, may as well have them check rivets. Just say there are a couple that leak, one up front, one in the back. Get everything done under warranty back to like new one last time before it comes off warranty and it's all on you.

That aside, how do you like the 1542 otherwise? What motor do you have it paired with and how does it perform? Where you also considering the 1436 and if so, what made you go 1542? Thanks for the input.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325182#p325182 said:
Aswald » Today, 17:05[/url]"]Sucks about the crack. But if it's a 2011 you should still be within the 3 year warranty. When you boat that boat new part of the cost and likely part of the reason was warranty. Time to use it. If you're gonna take it in for service, since it's likely only a year left, may as well have them check rivets. Just say there are a couple that leak, one up front, one in the back. Get everything done under warranty back to like new one last time before it comes off warranty and it's all on you.

That aside, how do you like the 1542 otherwise? What motor do you have it paired with and how does it perform? Where you also considering the 1436 and if so, what made you go 1542? Thanks for the input.
No I would never consider a 1436. Been there done that. The 1542 is a great boat as far as stablity goes. I have a 2012 Merc 20hp 4 stroke on it now. Also ran it with a 1975 25hp evinrude when I first got it. Runs about 27-28 with either motor. Boat does not have leak one and the crack in front does not go into the hull at the moment at least. I will reinforce it and use the boat a few more months and probably just trade or sell the bare hull and get a better built boat. I have a bad back and was looking for a light boat at the time of purchase just for ease of loading and unloading. I have owned 30 or so boats in my years (have 3 currently) so I am not new to this stuff. I never liked the way this boat is built as far as the ribs go, but could never really get any bad complaints anywhere so I decided to try this boat. They are great boats for some of the smaller waters but just flex way to much out on the bigger lakes and rivers I sometimes fish and I really need a boat with 20-21 inch sides due to the large waves and wakes I often have to deal with. I have used this boat a lot in the 2 years I've had it since I am able to fish pretty much year round here. We always have several warm days even in the dead of winter and this is the first problem I have had with it other than the cheap paint job. The way this metal broke makes me concerned about the brittleness of this aluminum and with the way these boats flex I fear something more serious will crack at the worst possible time. :cry: