Canoe Stabilizers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look good and should work. Did you put caps or something on the ends to stop the foam from coming off? Not sure on how to stop them from rotating, glue may work but I could see the foam breaking free under pressure. Let us know how the test goes!!!!!

Today was the maiden voyage and I think in terms of a test run it was a success. They definitely improved floatation and stability. I stood up and rocked the canoe pretty aggressively and didnt fall in or break the arms. Their was some flex with the pvc but as long as I don't plan on doing backflips out of this thing I should be fine. ;) As of right now decoy line left over from duck season is keeping the foam from sliding off the pvc for now but most of the squares were cut tight enough to the pvc to keep it from moving much at all. My main problem was that I didn't have alot of it glued on and ended up chasing float arms across the pond a few times. I still plan to cut the floats down some to make them a little more hydrodynamic and gluing everything together as far as the pvc goes.

And I did manage to catch a 14"er today 8)

Things to do still:

-glue pvc
-cut foam
-keep the foam squares from separating individually
-(maybe) paint foam and pvc to make it a little more attractive or cohesive with the canoe itself

Opinions, concerns, questions all welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_0764a.jpg
    DSC_0764a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 530
  • DSC_0761a.jpg
    DSC_0761a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 530
  • DSC_0760a.jpg
    DSC_0760a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 530
  • DSC_0759a.jpg
    DSC_0759a.jpg