catamaran style one man bass boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the these would work for you to give you your forward and backward speeds then add a small motor to steer and fish

fem.jpg

Wayne

The work has begun. If you look closely, you'll notice the motors are different but are both 24 pound thrust minkotas. I decided to control the motors using 2 on / off / on switches for each motor, one set for low speed and one set for high speed. It may sound a little complicated but ti's a one hand operation so i can fish with the other hand. I hope to be done with the project within the next few weeks. I will put up a few pictures as i make progress

Attachments

• DSCF0421.JPG
    DSCF0421.JPG
    689.1 KB · Views: 1,221
  • DSCF0422.JPG
    DSCF0422.JPG
    930.4 KB · Views: 1,222
Looks great, I cannot wait to see the end product. My only question is how well will this boat turn. Are the motors going to turn in unison, or are they not going to turn and drive like a tank? If the motors are gonna turn, they will drop lower than the boat right? To me it seems like the boat won't turn so well with them in the center of the boat. Of course I know next to nothing about boats....I am just curious.

Ok, the engines are not alligned yet, but will sit at a slight angle. They will be fixed in place and will operate like a twin inboard boat, (or like a tank). Since the boat has 2 cat's instead of one large vee in the water , it (should acording to theory) turn well.

Well, there are more pictures to come and video as soon as it's in the water...