Chatterbait ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Who in your opinion makes the best Chatterbait type bait on the market? I used one that DP used to make (Black and Blue) but it is starting to chip. It caught the biggest fish up in Maine this year, and to think about it, it always produced.

My personal favorite is the Strike King Pure Poison. It is designed specifically to be a chatter style bait, they don't just take a jig and throw a blade on it. If you have ever seen the bait you know what I am talking about.

I like the BooYah Boogie Bait really well. The action on those baits is unreal anyway but i am kinda partial to those. The Original Chatterbait is a heck of a bait too.

jkbirocz said:
My personal favorite is the Strike King Pure Poison. It is designed specifically to be a chatter style bait, they don't just take a jig and throw a blade on it. If you have ever seen the bait you know what I am talking about.
This is the only style ive used, only have had 2 and both found new homes on the bottom, really did like the action for the 20 or so combined casts i made with em ( i think I lost on on the first cast)

I use the term "chatter snags" for these baits!

I really wanted to use them in the salt for bluefish and stripers - I bet they will drive those fish nuts! I keep forgetting about this plan so I have yet to try it

I've only used the Vibrashocks by Karu Lures, formerly Gotstafish.

I haven't given them too much time though and have only had one hookup(and subsequent loss) on them but people rave about them.

https://www.karulures.com/

Captain Ahab said:
I use the term "chatter snags" for these baits!

I really wanted to use them in the salt for bluefish and stripers - I bet they will drive those fish nuts! I keep forgetting about this plan so I have yet to try it
Good idea!

my uncle.i dont know where he got them.he"s kinda old and grouchy and typical to him when he handed them to me he mumbled something about if it aint top water i wont use it.

Nickk said:
what's DP?

**** People who owned Peoples Choice Bait. Man made me a bait junkie and then cut me off. For mysterious reasons he suddenly stopped making (or at least selling) custom baits and, as far as I know, has had no contact with anyone regarding fishing or otherwise.

We all hope he returns soon

You can make your own "chatterbaits". Barlow's Tackle Express in Richarson Texas sells what they call "Shakee Blades" made from 0.018 stainless steel (much heavier and more durable than most c-bait blades) that you can attach to any jig head. The site is: https://www.barlowstackle.com/make-shakee-baits.html .

I have fished several of the commercially made baits as well as my own made-up ones and have never personally caught anything on them. They do look good in the water, though.

shootisttx said:
You can make your own "chatterbaits". Barlow's Tackle Express in Richarson Texas sells what they call "Shakee Blades" made from 0.018 stainless steel (much heavier and more durable than most c-bait blades) that you can attach to any jig head. The site is: https://www.barlowstackle.com/make-shakee-baits.html .

I have fished several of the commercially made baits as well as my own made-up ones and have never personally caught anything on them. They do look good in the water, though.

I'm already on it. I am making a bunch. I am having the heads poured as we speak and I am going to order the blades from them. I cant wait.

Jim said:
shootisttx said:

I'm already on it. I am making a bunch. I am having the heads poured as we speak and I am going to order the blades from them. I cant wait.

DON'T!

I have a bunch of blades that I don't need.