Coast Guard Cutter jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DNR and the Coast Guard are pretty much working on the same page. If the DNR finds you in a little small private lake way up in the hills of N.C. do not be surprised if they get the Coast Guard involved down on the coast. That would be bad.

If you are actually worried (and I do not think you are) add the words "In Honor of the Coast Guard"

Make is a boat memorial and you are off the hook (punning of course)

Hate to rant but...

I've worked in the boating industry and can tell you that the Coast Guard or Law enforcement would not find this funny. They may think you are trying to impersonate law enforcement. I would be willing to bet you will run into some problems at some point. I would put like "in honor of" or "supporting our troops" or something like that and it may help. But, I don't think they will see it much different than placing the word "police" on a car. I have seen small Coast Guard boats (usually boston whalers / carolina skiffs) in FL that are only like 14-16 ft long and painted white with the logo, and they look very similar to yours. Just be careful and very polite when you get pulled over.

:USA1:

I e-mailed the CG a while back to make sure I was in the clear. Here's there reply.

Chad, you're fine. We have rules against use of our Seal and Emblem but
it doesn't sound like your emblem violates the rule - it pretty much
has to be an exact replica.

LT Paul Rhynard
U.S. Coast Guard HQ
Washington DC.

Caught this 50lb blue cat in my little boat March 8th.
P3070003.jpg

Nice ...and even better they are ok with it,....

One thing is for sure...you'll probbly have your fishing spot all to yourself.... Not like people are gonna come park by the coast gaurd and fish....lol....see a place everyone is just motor on over and I bet you'll have a few(at least) leave. :LOL2:

Nice boat, Love the clean look and your doin work on those catfish! Nice boat!

JasonLester said:
Nice ...and even better they are ok with it,....

One thing is for sure...you'll probbly have your fishing spot all to yourself.... Not like people are gonna come park by the coast gaurd and fish....lol....see a place everyone is just motor on over and I bet you'll have a few(at least) leave. :LOL2:

That's one advantage of having a boat that looks like a military or LE boat....LOL, you have the fishing hole to yourself.

Coming Up!.JPG

And if you REALLY want to have some fun, put a German Sheperd on board! Take a ride around and watch people tossing contraband from their boats.

Looks awesome! If someone wants to board make sure they don't go over the suggested number of people allowed on board as stated on the plaque that they require on your boat. :) got us out of being boarded as we had 4 on board and ny buddy pointed to the plaque and he quickly lifted his foot off the boat

Beautiful job. I'd carry a copy of that email with me, just in case. :)

Now...how in the hell did you get that boat so clean? Bead-blasting? A staff of 20 parolees working off community service? Some huge dipping tank? It is gorgeous!

I hate you. :)

Really clean and very nicely done.

and, in defense of all the cautionary posts, most of us have met some LEOs who long-since lost their senses of humor when it comes to their careers, and the rules that govern them, and the public. When you meet the wrong one, you can spend long hours, and a fair amount of money, just to prove that you are correct. Once you prove it, you are still out all the hassle and cash, so your satisfaction is pretty moot.

Best wishes. Beautiful job.

Latest posts