corrugated plastic sheet instead of plywood - jon boat floor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RavenBC said:
slizzy said:
RavenBC said:
There are a bunch of guys that have done the Rigid insulation and Chloroplast floors in my area, and I just bought my first Tinny yesterday. This method is one of the lightest flooring options that I have heard of and stands up quite well. Only thing is that the Chloroplast does not provide good adhesion for carpet or other rubber matting, but I have heard that if you sand it with sandpaper or scotch brite it will hold up.

I plan on installing this floor as I will be loading my boat on and off a utility trailer and want to keep the boat light as possible and to dampen sound, protect the floor, provide comfort for the feet and dog etc.......

do you have any links or pics I could reference from? I've seen some threads somewhere but I cannot find them now

Here is one of the recent floor builds, alot of guys fro this group have done and like this floor system. https://forum.flybc.ca/index.php?showtopic=55156&hl=my%20build%20thread&st=0

cheers thanks!

Several people on one of my local fishing forums have done this(one of the admins is a sign guy who can get 10mmm Coroplast at cost.) Once you put flotation foam down, Coroplast over top and then a nice foam floor over that reports are very solid and light. I am thinking of doing it in my 14 foot jet jon to save about a person's worth of 3/4 inch marine ply.... Downside is it doesn't glue well I have heard. LOL just saw Raven BC from this forum had already posted the build thread.

its seems the majority of people using coroplast over plywood are not removing the panels often for a cartopped boat... i wonder if the coroplast would hold up to abuse from moving / storing/ being in bd of truck with gear on top

Hey Stinkfoot, I am waiting till May 9 (end of our provincial election) then will have all the chloroplast I will ever need For the floor of my new to me 12ft tinny.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

RavenBC said:
Hey Stinkfoot, I am waiting till May 9 (end of our provincial election) then will have all the chloroplast I will ever need For the floor of my new to me 12ft tinny.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
LMAO Raven! Don't think it is 10 mm though. I am arrgh! on the FlyBC board.

Latest posts