Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed a rough cut template for the front floor today and spent a little time looking over the motor,

I haven’t run that motor since October or November. It was on another project of mine. She looks good just putting on some new fuel lines, replacing the fuel filter oil change and a good once over.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 647
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 647
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 647
You'd be in trouble without them there pods! :D I'm glad you put them on. I'm surprised more boats here don't have them. Any leaks to speak of in the pods?

Looks great. Is that Yamaha Efi too?

You have a beautiful looking boat sir that's only getting better, it really looks like a big money boat sitting there. I can only hope mine turns out half as good!

Mrtoler said:
You have a beautiful looking boat sir that's only getting better, it really looks like a big money boat sitting there. I can only hope mine turns out half as good!

Hey thanks Ryan your project will be great. :mrgreen:

Pweisbrod said:
You'd be in trouble without them there pods! :D I'm glad you put them on. I'm surprised more boats here don't have them. Any leaks to speak of in the pods?

Looks great. Is that Yamaha Efi too?

Thanks Pweisbrod,

No leaks from the pods or anywhere else for that matter. I let it sit in the water for about 15 minutes all of the through hull fittings I installed are good no leaks. :mrgreen: The motor is a 2003 Yamaha 115 4 stroke. Yes its fuel injected.

Hey Dave, you mentioned that the motor was from another project....did you mean the motor itself? Do you have another boat project going with this one? I am starting to work on my 21 glass boat this weekend.....I am having a hell of a time finding out info on the boat. It is a 2o+ seasquirt.....long out of business but still barely any info on the net. I know that my hull is the 27th out of the mold, and it was manufactured in 1987. Its a solid boat but the engine needs some work. I will snap some pics when I start.

bigwave said:
Hey Dave, you mentioned that the motor was from another project....did you mean the motor itself? Do you have another boat project going with this one? I am starting to work on my 21 glass boat this weekend.....I am having a hell of a time finding out info on the boat. It is a 2o+ seasquirt.....long out of business but still barely any info on the net. I know that my hull is the 27th out of the mold, and it was manufactured in 1987. Its a solid boat but the engine needs some work. I will snap some pics when I start.

Yes I sold two of the four boats I had. I have this one and one other one right now. Let me see some pics bro.

This is my 1978 Mako 171,

I found it for the most part abandon in a field next to a house. I wish I could find some pics of what it looked like when I first got it. This pic is obviously after the rebuild.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 882
Love that old Mako.....I will take a pic of my other boat tonite...she needs a good bath and a couple of grand to make her right.....waiting on the tax check before I start working on it. Seriously thinking about the new 200 yammy four stroke, but I need to do a bunch of research first.

Looking great Dave, that's one SWEET Mako. My son in law to be has an older one and lives down your way. Needs some transom work but with the wedding closing in, funds are tight for them but it's a solid boat. Those Mako's are an outstanding boat and can't be beat.

Thanks BB,

Yes the old Mako’s were the chit. Family owned and very well built hand lade fiberglass hulls and thick. They were made right down here in South Florida not too far from where I live. Hurricane Andrew took the roof off of the factory August of 1992 and they fought with insurance company to no avail. It took them six mounts to get back into production but the company really struggled for the next two years so they went public in 1995.

That’s when things really started going downhill. The corporate people started making bad decisions and within about two years I think it was the latter part of 1997 the stock was delisted and that’s when Tracker marine bought all the stock and has owned the company ever since. It’s still a good boat but not anywhere close to the quality they once were.

bigwave said:
Check this out dave.....https://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/3778887795.html

Hey thanks for looking out big,

I’m pretty much set on fabbing a polling platform myself. Beside it would cost me about $100.00 in fuel to run over to Bradenton even if I could buy it cheep I would still have to modify it to fit my skiff.
Pretty cool old Mako though. It’s a 171 Angler. The only deference between that model and mine is “The Angler has that storage compartment / livewell along the back of the stern in front of the motor.

And that you are bro, just finished up my Ark today. Well finished enough to hang the Etec, but still a sold days work once I get her back. Your build is fantastic and very well planned out my friend. GREAT JOB Dave =D>

Badbagger said:
And that you are bro, just finished up my Ark today. Well finished enough to hang the Etec, but still a sold days work once I get her back. Your build is fantastic and very well planned out my friend. GREAT JOB Dave =D>

Hey thanks bro I really appreciate that,
You’re going to be stoked when you get your motor hung. It’s a downhill run from there, and you'll be done before you know :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: it.

Still looking very good Dave. Glad the float test went well! I do like the look of the front of the hull while in the water,,,,sexy

Thanks Dave, just back from dropping the boat down in St. Marks at Shields Marina. They're starting on it Sunday.