Does anyone else own one of these?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided against the shallow water anchor and went with a new Minn Kota i-Pilot instead (ordered it yesterday).

Hopefully I can get a few bucks for my old Minn Kota that's on there now (it's only been used a handful of times and is still like new) and that will help offset the high cost of the new i-Pilot.

Still debating whether to get a new down imaging sonar unit or not... :-k

On a side note, I plan on having the seals in the lower unit replaced and the carb rebuilt in the spring. Does anybody here know what the usual going rate for that kind of a job is?
I'm guessing no more than $300, but if I am way off it would be nice to know ahead of time (to help lessen the shock lol).

UtahBassKicker said:
How much are you looking to get out of that Minn Kota? I may be interested! :D

Sorry for the slow reply, UtahBassKicker (I've been having trouble with my internet connection the last few days).

I think I'm going to ask $250 for the Minn Kota, but I will probably have to sell it locally to avoid the crazy shipping costs (I'm in upstate NY, and I see that you are in Utah).

I'm having the darndest time finding something like that locally. I'll probably have to end up buying something new :evil: . Thanks for getting back to me. I wonder what shipping would be on something like that :wink: ?

Very sharp looking boat you have there. I think Fisher started getting away from using wood some time ago. The only wood in my 77 Fisher is in the transom. The floor is 1.5" of foam, covered by a sheet of aluminum and carpet glued to that. Sides are the same construction.

I think your crooked fire extinguisher is an optical illusion or just the camera angle. Either that or live well is crooked too. :wink:

UtahBassKicker said:
I'm having the darndest time finding something like that locally. I'll probably have to end up buying something new :evil: . Thanks for getting back to me. I wonder what shipping would be on something like that :wink: ?

I know what you mean, UtahBassKicker. It seems like whenever I am looking for something locally either nobody has one for sale, or they are asking more than a brand new one costs. lol

JMichael said:
Very sharp looking boat you have there. I think Fisher started getting away from using wood some time ago. The only wood in my 77 Fisher is in the transom. The floor is 1.5" of foam, covered by a sheet of aluminum and carpet glued to that. Sides are the same construction.

I think your crooked fire extinguisher is an optical illusion or just the camera angle. Either that or live well is crooked too. :wink:

Thanks, JMichael.
Whenever I am running wires I see foam in all different places on the boat. The only wood I've ever come across has been the wood that's in the transom (still nice and dry, no signs of any rotting =D> ).

I went and purchased a down imaging Lowrance (Elite-5x DSI) so no more debating about that.
I'm going to use the Lowrance for down imaging only, and keep the 7" Eagle right next to it for conventional sonar readings and GPS use.

Should be a nice little setup.

The combination of hands-free, foot-free trolling motor (Minn Kota i-Pilot) and down imaging sonar should make for some fun times on the water this year.

Oh, and I straightened out the fire extinguisher anyway, just in case. lol

By any chance do you know the measurements for your boat, the transom top to bottom and left to right in the middle. Im in the process of measuring out my boat for shallow flat floor and i really like how your sides are flat an carpeted.

Sorry ahead of time if you've already posted this in another thread but i got a little lazy and didnt search too hard! :mrgreen:

JamesM56alum said:
By any chance do you know the measurements for your boat, the transom top to bottom and left to right in the middle.

I don't offhand, but I will try to get them for you tomorrow.

Very nice boat and setup. I also have a older fisher, it is a 1988 sv-2 model, which is a 16.3ft semi-v, just got it end of last year, $1400, happy so far, only took it out once. Has a 1987 48hp johnson which seemed to run well. Not nearly as clean as yours but does not need a rebuild either so cant wait for this coming spring and summer.

when i opend this i didn't know what to expect. Then I saw that it was an 89, and had my doubts. I must say however, that is an amazingly clean rig! I'm also impressed with the use of available space. Sharp Boat!

I noticed you didn't use the factory mount for your trolling motor. If you tried it before moving it more to the center, how much of a difference did that make?

JamesM56alum said:
By any chance do you know the measurements for your boat, the transom top to bottom and left to right in the middle. Im in the process of measuring out my boat for shallow flat floor and i really like how your sides are flat an carpeted.

Sorry ahead of time if you've already posted this in another thread but i got a little lazy and didnt search too hard! :mrgreen:

Very sorry for the slow reply, JamesM56alum. My internet connection went down for good shortly after I told you I would get those measurements, and it was only yesterday that I fixed the problem (dead cable modem).

The boat is 16' with a 69" beam.
The transom is 20" high, and at the midpoint measures 56" wide.
Hopefully that is the information you were asking for, but if not please clarify and I will measure again for you.

JMichael said:
I noticed you didn't use the factory mount for your trolling motor. If you tried it before moving it more to the center, how much of a difference did that make?

When I had the trolling motor mounted at the factory location my father had a great deal of difficulty deploying it, so I moved it to where you see it now.

I never actually had the boat in the water with it mounted on the factory mount. When I saw my father struggling with it in the driveway (after just having mounted it) I decided I would relocate it right then and there.

I've got my new i-Pilot (55 pound PowerDrive V2) and Lowrance Elite 5x DSI here in the house and ready to go, so good times are only a few months away. \:D/

I've played around with the Lowrance on the workbench a little, and it seems like it will be a nice addition to my Eagle SeaChamp. I'm going to attach the Lowrance to the same bracket as the Eagle, so that when I turn one of the units, I will be turning both of them. It should be a nice, clean install if all goes as planned.

Thanks to all of the others for the kind words.

First time seeing your rig.

Looks great, and congrats on the new electronics. Those should be alot of fun to use this year.

Thanks, Brine.
I think they will be a lot of fun, too. I have a feeling that once I get used to that i-Pilot I will wonder how I ever got along without one.

In the past almost all of my fishing was for bass in shallow water, but I am now fishing for panfish and walleye almost exclusively, so the new trolling motor and down imaging sonar were purchased with that in mind.

Latest posts