Easy & SIMPLE $24 ‘Flip Flop’ Floor for a Tinny!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Note there is no sub-floor in this boat, just the exposed ribs, that makes it hard to walk around. Rather than add any heavy flooring material, I just used 4 of these ‘flip flop’ material outdoor mats & zip-tied 2 together. They run $7 to $12 wherever you can find them at outdoor/seasonal stores.

The 2 forward of the middle seat are 4-seasons old & still are fine, even exposed to the sun 24/7 from May to Oct. Surprisingly, they are SUPER easy to walk on and you get secure footing for sure!

Cost me < $24 and I’m done!

Middle Seat - to Forward
CEB86B84-18E4-4DDF-93A1-F933A95AF1B6.jpeg

Rear Seat -to Forward
96862ED5-5DBA-4C38-8624-F831BE77167E.jpeg

Is that a poly material, or real fabric?

Roger
It’s real foam like flip flops are made of. Cool to the bare foot, hides/covers all the ribs and makes for easy walking around. I should add it gives great, easy footing for the dog too and when going to the beach any sand just drops through the holes in the mats.

They’re heavy enough to stay in place by themselves (note 2 tied together astride the middle seat), yet easy enough to remove and clean out the bilge.

Cool it worked for you, but no idea what those are.

Note there is no sub-floor in this boat, just the exposed ribs, that makes it hard to walk around. Rather than add any heavy flooring material, I just used 4 of these ‘flip flop’ material outdoor mats & zip-tied 2 together. They run $7 to $12 wherever you can find them at outdoor/seasonal stores.

The 2 forward of the middle seat are 4-seasons old & still are fine, even exposed to the sun 24/7 from May to Oct. Surprisingly, they are SUPER easy to walk on and you get secure footing for sure!

Cost me < $24 and I’m done!

Middle Seat - to Forward
View attachment 116663

Rear Seat -to Forward
View attachment 116664
Those are awesome! I recall seeing black door mats like that. I think I’ll try those in my 14’ Gamefisher

I went searching last night and I found tire link mats (black) and flip flop mats (multi color). I wonder if the recycled flip flop mats have more give?…

Love it!

On a different note: I have a 14ft and plan to use a Yamaha 15 Remote with basically same setup, mind sharing how fast you can go?

I went searching last night and I found tire link mats (black) and flip flop mats (multi color). I wonder if the recycled flip flop mats have more give?…

I suspect so and probably lighter too.

It is a great idea for a quick, cool, comfortable and light floor. Seems it would be easy enough to lift the mat when things drop through the spaces.

Those tire ones are heavy! These are nice & light!

They used to be only $7 each here, now $12 ... but if someone couldn't find them wherever you are and I could ship them to you for < that the $38 each shipped that Ebay or Amazon charges ... I'd help you out. Pre-paid of course ... ;)

Those tire ones are heavy! These are nice & light!

They used to be only $7 each here, now $12 ... but if someone couldn't find them wherever you are and I could ship them to you for < that the $38 each shipped that Ebay or Amazon charges ... I'd help you out. Pre-paid of course ... ;)
I might take you up on that offer!