Ebay Anyone???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The advice given here is great. Here's what I look for as a buyer on eBay.

Seller's Feedback
Look at what other buyers/sellers are saying about their experience with the seller. I never buy from sellers that have zero (0) feedback. I look for anyone under 100 feedback to have 100% positive feedback, however there are always cases where the item your looking for isn't widely available.

Look for members that have been eBay sellers for a while. Sellers that have been members for less than a month and have a high amount of positive feedback could be a red flag.

Items sold
Check out what the seller has sold in the past. Sellers who have sold low priced items in a short period of time and is now selling high priced items could be a red flag. Also, this may give you a good idea of what the item has sold for in the past and what you should bid.

Items for Sale
Check out what the seller is currently selling. 20 Listings for the same Fish Finder that he just took off his boat because he upgraded to a better one, could be a red flag.

Item Description
Read the item description carefully. Check for item condition: New/Used, shipping fees, return policy.

I only bid on items when the auction time is under 1 minute of closing, this is often referred to as sniping an auction, people hate it like they hate taxes. Don't be afraid to ask the seller questions about the auction, good sellers will respond quickly. When in doubt, go with your gut feeling, there will always be another auction for the exact item that you're looking for.