Electrical Hook UP HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheffsboat

Reaction score
Fellow Tinboaters!

Can anyone help me with showing me how to hook up a switch panel on my 12ft aluminum boat? I don't know anything about electrical so I need Barney style instructions. What I want to do is take a battery and run it to a switch board. From my switch board I want to be able to turn/off my bilge pump, live well, and maybe a couple of lights. If anybody has step by step instructions and pictures please, please, please post them. It sounds easy but I want to make sure that I do everything by the book and make no mistakes. Thanks for everyones help.

Joe

PICTURES WOULD BE AWESOME!

If you browse some of the threads in the electrical section, you should find exactly what you are looking for or something very close to it that already exist. I'd suggest looking for a setup that has fuses installed at or near the battery on the + side and the wires run to the switch panel from there. Some switch panels have built in fuses, so there will not be a separate panel.

Latest posts