FACTORY PHOTOS of 1960 BLUE STAR 17FT TINNY???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
friends,

Does anyone have factory photos, brochures and/or advertising copy of the 17ft BLUE STAR "tinny" runabouts/ski-boats of 1960, which were built in Miami, FL?

YEP, I've found such a hull with (I believe) a 1960 DAL-TEX trailer "sitting out in the brush" on a ranch near Goliad.
(The ranch's new owner has NO CLUE about who the rig belongs to now OR anything about it, though it once was "registered to" a man (since deceased) from Pasadena, TX.

As I may acquire the boat/trailer to restore, I'm looking for information on what it looked like NEW, including the boat's interior.
(What is left of the interior is "piled up" in the boat & an adjacent "storage room. - It was evidently/originally painted royal blue over white, with blue/white upholstery.)

Note: It seems as though the trailer was painted to match the hull & in a similar design.

yours, satx

Barefoot_Johnny,

Fyi, I've been a member of https://www.fiberglassics.com (affectionately known as: "FG",) for a LONG time. Unfortunately BLUE STAR constantly changed their interior designs and exterior painting scheme a LOT from year to year, to stay ahead of other tin boat builders "ripping off" their designs & "FG" has NO brochures/photos for Blue Star for 1960.

I was hoping that one of our tin boat "NUTS" here might have ads, photos, brochures, etc., that I could "get a clue from", as I don't want to spend $$$$$$$$ on repainting/re-upholstery & later find out that it's just: WRONG.
(In this case, I believe that this hull is a 1960 VOYAGER 17, but I'm NOT at all sure of that either, as Blue Star made some non-catalogued "limited editions" over the years.)

What I am sure of is that this is a NEAT, OK-built, heavy-duty boat that is designed for "Big Water". - There used to be a considerable number of these on Lake Texoma (which can be ROUGH).

yours, satx

Latest posts