First pig... with a jig!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russ010 what ya use with the jig as a pole and reel combo? I mean as much as the power and length of the rod and gear ratio of the reel, heck give me the line also :lol:

I sped read thru again and didn't see it.

right now I'm using a Daiwa Alphas Ito 103ai reel (supposed to be used for finesse fishing, comparable to the Daiwa Sol) and for the rod I'm using a GLoomis MBR784c GL2 6'6" heavy fast action rod. The line that I'm using on this setup is PLine Halo 15#.

I'm bout to trade off reels and replace the Ito with a Daiwa Zillion... I'm not a fan of this line, but it's the only line this reel with throw. If I had my choice I would use this new stuff out by Seaguar. It's Red Line 100% Fluoro, and I would probably scale back to 12# test because this stuff is incredibly strong. I'm real picky with line, so I'm Russ Edwards and I approve this message!

just wondered if you like your humminbird fish finder?? i was looking at getting a 565 hummin bird for my jon boat.

Aaron2000 said:
just wondered if you like your humminbird fish finder?? i was looking at getting a 565 hummin bird for my jon boat.

I like it a lot... wish it was color and had a few more things that I could adjust, but it works well for where I fish. The reason I got this one was because of the size and clarity of screen.. I can tell the difference between stumps and limbs with it fairly well when I'm zoomed into those depths of cover. It has definitely put me on the fish - something I have never been able to do with a fish finder before!

I was looking at the 565 before I bought this one... I got this one as a steal off eaby for $99 brand new, just had to buy a transducer.

Latest posts