First Post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonW

Reaction score
Hello
New to the forum. Finally retiring to a lake community and our new home has a dock. I haven't owed a boat in years but am looking for a smaller runabout with style. I've traverssed the internet to see the possibilities which of course are many. I'm actively restoring old corvettes so have extensive car fiberglass experience and some basic engine capabilities. I'm not looking for a project. I really like the older finned boats but am also drawn to the Feathercrafts. My expectation is to maintain the boat in the water for 8-9 months a year so am a bit worried about the riveted hulls and water seepage but not overly so (I suspect a small bilge pump when docked would work if needed). So where do you all recommend a newbie like me should look for a turn key/restored boat. Cost matters but value is more important so don't mind paying up for a quality boat. Even though the boat I'd like won't be a yacht I'd likely still have a survey performed to avoid any hidden issues. Thanks for your help.