fish Finder help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpena

Reaction score
I need some advise on what brand and model of GPS I can get thats pretty good and under $200.00? I have a 1983 14' Rhyan-Craft I'm restoring and will be using in the Dallas/Fort Fort Texas lakes. I have never owed or used one, thanks

a gps/ff combo for $200 is a tuff one, you can find some on closeouts and sale, will just have to surf the web. Some like HB, others prefer Lowrance, find one that you like and is easy for you to operate.

Well I found a Humminbird color Fish finder at Wal-mart for $159.00 it was they're last one. Model 141c

speaking from a lot of experience, the humminbirds are the most user freindly as in ease of operation. and if its your first one, leave it on the factory/default settings. if you have no experience with them playing with the settings will only frustrate and confuse you. after a while you can tweak the sensitivity and what not a little and be able to understand what it is doing to what you see on the screen and give you a better idea whats goin on under your boat. but for 200 bucks if it reads depths and you can comprehend structure thats about as good as its probally gonna get IMO...good luck and go have fun with it!!