Fishing boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clevy04

Reaction score
All you guys building jet jons out of a smaller boat, how are you setting them up to fish? We generally fish out of the back of the boat and my thought is to possibly just have the seats be somewhere you can move them around but I'm not sure if that will be the best use of space

I’m building (ok, acquiring parts so far for) a Lowe 1448m with a tiller Merc F25 Jet. This is a winter project and I’m not sure if I will recommend this configuration yet so ask me in April or May when it’s fully rigged and things start thawing out up here.

Anyway, since this is a fairly narrow boat I’ll keep the seating inline down the centerline. One in front on the casting deck with an adjustable pedestal and another in the mid-rear on a fixed removable pedestal. I want the rear pedestal removable so I can keep things clean when fishing alone and casting from the front upper deck. Also, want the ability to use a tripod type seat from the lower deck (rear position) when fishing rivers alone for salmon or steelhead.

Your fishing situations may differ but, side by side seating a smaller boat can really make forward and aft movements a challenge. That might not be a problem for your typical fishing situations but, I certainly want quick access to the bow mount trolling motor if I’m getting into some shallow rocks on a river. The same would apply if your using an anchor from the bow or even just if the cooler is up front.