fISHING ON DOUGLAS LAKE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAPALA

Reaction score
Water temp 55.5,wind 10 to 15 mph water was just about white capping.This is the way i love to fish like it just little bit colder.caught 10 sauger,1 walleye,1 crappie

ATT00106.jpg

ATT00091.jpg

Flounderhead i caught them on some of these colors that i made i call them bloodsplatter.They are from a swimming jig mold that i pour them from.I tip them with a 3" minnow

BLOODSPATER002-1.jpg

When eating can't tell any difference.THEY ARE FROM THE same family the perch family.I belive they are a little more active than a walleye.But do not get as big they will get about 24 to 26 in. long around here.A walleye will get about 10 to 12 pound about 33 to 36 in or bigger.

RAPALA said:
When eating can't tell any difference.THEY ARE FROM THE same family the perch family.I belive they are a little more active than a walleye.But do not get as big they will get about 24 to 26 in. long around here.A walleye will get about 10 to 12 pound about 33 to 36 in or bigger.

Thats what I thought, but I have never seen or caught a sauger - maybe someday, but as long as I can catch a walleye, I'm happy :D :D

Again, good atchin' =D>

Rapala, what's the weight of the jig and how do you paint it? I've always used 1oz. jigs tipped with a minnow but this is something I want to try.

I powder paint them.HERE a some pictures

These are swimming jig they range from 3/8,1/4,1/8 oz. i use these still to medium
current they fall really slow
lureshop019.jpg

Those are all messed up. Orange with the blue/grey... Send them to me and I'll straighten them out for you. Of course there will be a slight handling fee involved, but that way there'll be room for more. :lol:

Is this better flounder head :)
lureshop021-1.jpg

These jigs are for still to swift water 1/2,3/8,1/4,1/8oz.I meant to put these on the other post

ROUNDHEADS & FEATHERS
lureshop006-1.jpg

WOBBER JIGS
lureshop020.jpg

LIVE BAIT JIGS I HAVE SOME WITH 2 EYELET FOR STINGER HOOKS
lureshop018.jpg

The reason for the livebait,wobbers,swimming jigs I am trying to get away from having to tie so many flies.And they work better than the round head & feathers most of the time.

flounderhead59 said:
Those are all messed up. Orange with the blue/grey... Send them to me and I'll straighten them out for you. Of course there will be a slight handling fee involved, but that way there'll be room for more. :lol:

I'm available to help you out, just let me know when they arive :lol: :wink:

Interesting. I've always used the 3/4-1oz jigs around Walters Bridge and Kingston but those look like something I want to try. Where did you get the molds? Looking them over in the Northland catalog they're just too expensive to buy knowing I'll lose a lot on snags near the bottom.

These are what I use for Walleye and Crappie. I did not make these, These are Reeve's Jigs that I bought from the local fishing guide service up here. I like the wire weed guard. It does a great job preventing weeds and helps hold the minnow on. The hooks are fairly bendable so the hook bends before the line breaks if you do snag a rock or branch. Never had one straighten when hooked in a fishes mouth either. I mostly use 1/16 oz and only go up to 1/8 oz in faster water. If I'm fishing real deep, I'll add a splitshot about a foot up from the jighead. If I knew anything about making jigs I might try to duplicate these.

Reeves_weedless.jpg

The molds came from Barlows tackle.The wobbler mold you can only get it at Cabela's but i thank Cabela's carry the live bait and the swimming jig.

Latest posts