Fly fishing for CA Golden Trout and others

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3 Bassman

Reaction score
Yep, spent the day yesterday with wingshooter1002 fly fishing. We headed up to the Golden Trout Wilderness in Central CA where we caught several golden trout in a small stream that meandered lazily in the middle of a meadow at 9,000 ft in elevation. As a matter of fact, wingshooter1002 caught his very first golden trout. I caught several goldens, took a couple with me holding them for close up on the beautiful colors and my "high $" fly combo. After that, we headed back down to Kern River for the evening fishery in a hike in, artificial only waters where there is ONLY native trout. We were probably about 1 1/2 to 2 miles upriver from the truck as the sun went behind the mountains and the valley started to quickly darken. We managed several wild rainbows, including this scrappy 'bow that had me chasing it downriver. Oh, and I also caught this smaller 'bow that was singing, "Take me to the river; throw me in the water...". Hmmm, how odd. Enjoy the pics.

robtrout.JPG

gtrout1.JPG

robstalk.JPG

scotttrout.JPG

gtrout2.JPG

gtrout3.JPG

singtrout.JPG