found a 596c hd di with digitaloasis but too weird to buy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffresources

Reaction score
Finally made up my mind on the HB 596c hd di and found one at a great price with digitaloasis. So did the deed and spent the money...then the an email comes the order is flagged. It gets weirder, I tried to call and no return calls. Today I get a cancellation. They finally called back and said they had called the number and the party didn't know anything about the order.

Found out they had gotten my 94 year old dad who has double hearing aids and still can't hear. Guess he told her he didn't know who she was and so on.

Anyway, guess its' for the best based on this story. Odd, since in 2011 I bought an elite 5 dsi from them with no problem...who knows.

So, I'm still looking. Any suggestions around $365 which was their price?

Thats strange. I ordered my 385ci from them with no problems. They definately had the best prices when I was shopping around.

Hey guys I have a pretty good Hummingbird chart plotter, I don’t know the model number off the top of my head. But I’m looking for a good side imaging or down imaging unit. I just saw your post so I looked for reviews but I could only find a couple on the HB 596c hd di and they were mixed. Do you ‘all have any firsthand experience with this unit? Thanks.

This is one of the reviews I read, not very positive,

Overall I really like the unit, but not Humminbird.
I sound harsh, but I would just get a 2D, or move up to a larger screen unit.
I was very let down by the down imaging hype and pretty pictures that humminbird shows on their ads.
The unit is great, and I love it, but don't think for a second that you'll see what the ads show. You might if you are running on an indoor swimming pool with NO wind and crystal clear water. The best pictures I have seen so far after 4 weekends using it will not even tell you if you are above a tree or an old concrete slab down below. What a waste. Other than a worthless down imaging feature that you spend an extra $100 for, the unit is a great GPS and 2D sonar. I already wasted my money, too late. Do you really want to waste yours? Humminbird, you really need to improve your "trick them into believing we can do anything" ads.
Also, I was at 3 stars, but the included "charts" are nothing but an outline of the lake. My 6 year old cell phone gps shows that much!

Latest posts