Garmin UHD2 93SV or Ultra 106SV?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can pair the 106sv to a tablet through active captian. All it will do is mirror what i have up on the 106sv. On a cheap tablet the resolution won't be as good and the screen won't be as bright but a galaxy tab a8 10.5" is $150. Mount maybe another 50. Saves hundreds of dollars . Again though i won't be able to control anything it's just a monitor. If i see something I like all I have to do is hit mark on the trolling motor fob. Good enough for my use. I'm not interested in using live scope honestly but if I ever change my mind I guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it
Aren’t you going to be using livescope up front? If you’re thinking of connecting to the tabletBluetooth I’m not sure that’s possib

I can pair the 106sv to a tablet through active captian. All it will do is mirror what i have up on the 106sv. On a cheap tablet the resolution won't be as good and the screen won't be as bright but a galaxy tab a8 10.5" is $150. Mount maybe another 50. Saves hundreds of dollars . Again though i won't be able to control anything it's just a monitor. If i see something I like all I have to do is hit mark on the trolling motor fob. Good enough for my use. I'm not interested in using live scope honestly but if I ever change my mind I guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it
I forgot about the active captain app.
I thought livescope was part of your plan selling your LVS34 and buying a 32 on the cheap locally. 🤔

I'm just realizing I don't need a 2nd unit for up front I can pair the 106sv to a cheap 10" tablet and it will mirror what the garmin sees. I won't have control of anything from up front but 90% of the time I leave my helm screen 3 way split between side imaging , traditional, and gps anyway and that's all I'd need from upfront.
WHAAATTT???? I thought only the GPSMAP units did that.

Is this true???

WHAAATTT???? I thought only the GPSMAP units did that.

Is this true???
I forgot to come update this I spoke with my dealer the echomap ultra and uhd will pair with a tablet or phone through active captian but the the only thing it will display is gps info and the outboard info ( rpm,fuel,etc) . It will only display outboard info if the nmea2000 cable is installed. Kind of a bummer and a lot of conflicting info about how it all works. I emailed garmin before I called my dealer and haven't gotten a reply as of yet.

Aw man... I was hoping they had added that to the ultras.

Garmin is a master at holding back features, and making us constantly update units.

I forgot about the active captain app.
I thought livescope was part of your plan selling your LVS34 and buying a 32 on the cheap locally. 🤔
I think that was me. I still plan to do it.

I just sold my 94SV, and it came with the GT51M transducer. That thing was a beast! 1800 foot depth range! Right after I sold it, I looked at the specs, and realized that was my deep water sonar right there, but too late. No big deal.

I need to list my GT54 ASAP to see if there are any takers. If not, I'll just put it on the boat.