Gas friendly hp size

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Sea Nymph 14R and a 25hp 2-stroke Johnson. I've spent the whole day cruising the lake and used about 2/3rds of my six gallon tank.

That's pretty good for cruising all day. I hope i can see that kind of fun with my tin.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

2000 model Yamaha F25 on a War Eagle. Have yet to use up a full 3 gal tank of fuel. Never looked at MPG any, but I've run the crap out of it up and down the river several times in a long day's fishing and still had a gallon and a half or so left. Tickled at the lack of fuel usage. Normally I have to throw some fuel out, aka dump it into the car or lawn mower because it goes old before I use it up.

Have also run it a lot on a larger lake trying to find Crappie, on a 3 gal tank, have run upwards of 25-28 miles and still had some left over.

Last boat was a glass bass boat with a 90hp Mariner 2 smoke. Had a 9 gallon built-in tank. Was not uncommon to use 8 gallons on basically the same lake's track, when it ran that is.

Seems like the newer 4 strokes are more fuel efficient. I'll definitely be saving up...

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
I had a yammy 25 4 stroke on a 1448 and could ride for days on 6 gallons.

Same here with a Mercury 25 4 stroke... It seems like I need gas once every 5-6 trips at minimum.

HeavyHook said:
RiverBottomOutdoors said:
I had a yammy 25 4 stroke on a 1448 and could ride for days on 6 gallons.

Same here with a Mercury 25 4 stroke... It seems like I need gas once every 5-6 trips at minimum.
Now that's awesome. I guess the switch to 4 stroke is worth the cost. That had to be good to know you can go all day and not worry about running out of gas.

When speaking of 2 stroke outboards is it save to say the ones that require less oil mixed with gas will be the more fuel efficient ones? That just sounds right to me. I'm looking into one now that requires a half a quart of oil per gallon of gas.

It's a 40hp 1959 Scott Atwater. I'm trying to source parts for this one but not much luck.