Going back to school

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonny1

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
The OU technical college in Okmulgee offers an auto body course. Signed up for next semester online and found out the Creeks will pay for all of it. Have appointment next Tuesday with the Creeks to get everything set up. Had no idea such programs existed. Retired so school hours are no big deal.

I've never taken a bodywork class in my life, but am quite good at it. IMO you'd be better off spending your time at home practicing on an old car. The techniques are pretty basic, but it takes many hours to get the knack. A class won't help you much there. I say look at some youtubes, get an old car and have at it.

Plenty of time am retired. Worked in a collision shop part time about 30 years ago. Hired as a welder but learned a few things along the way. Have a lot of experience working dents out of aircraft parts. Two trucks and a fiat need some hail damage repair. Already worked two dents out of the fiat last night. Used the rods which I have some experience at but have never used the glue. Figure a few classes could not hurt besides might learn something.

Learning is so under rated. No such thing as "useless knowledge".