Got A Job Interview!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would look elsewhere. At this point my biigest fear if I were you would be actually getting the job and having to deal with those people every day.

First thing I would do is call the girl you interviewed with originally and ask her if something got fouled up in communication and relate (briefly) why you are curious and what you were told when you went in for a "pre-scheduled interview".

Depending on how that goes and what she says, if you end up calling tomorrow, get the FULL name and job title of the person you speak to and if you get another interview setup, make sure you get the FULL name of the person you will be interviewing with and the position you will be interviewing for. Then, the day of the interview, call about an hour before the interview time and ask to speak to the person you will be seeing and if they ask who you are or why you need to speak to that person, tell them you have an interview scheduled and want to be sure it is still on. If you can't talk to that person, call the "young lady" back and ask her WTF !!! Then write a letter of complaint to corporate.

bAcKpAiN said:
I would look elsewhere. At this point my biigest fear if I were you would be actually getting the job and having to deal with those people every day.

Not if you didn't have a job and needed the money. Food & shelter are powerful motivators. :wink:

Man your not an idiot? (this is what pees me off about people, it comes down to YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAID SO I"M NOT AN IDIOT I heard you loud and clear :roll: ) its not hard lady??

When its a oneway conversation and its about a job which you are totally paying attention to cause your like NEEDING A JOB, and to wipe off the interview like that :x

People can be forgetfull but come on #-o . Its like You talked to a live girl who had the interview set up so, theres nothen next, its interview time baby, whats up????

I would have to simply call her and ask whats up?

Can ya tell it peed me off too? and I wasn't even applying for the job :x

Man all rooting for ya on this, maybe she's got a boss thats not letting her feel a position, that could be it.

Are you able to commute to Philly? I saw a help wanted sign on the Philadelphia Boat Supply sign today.

www.philaboat.com says he is looking for help in mechanic and sales. It is about a block away from brinkmans on state road. Might be too far for ya though.

jirwin6985 said:
Never heard back from phila boat supply i sent my resume a few days ago and called yesterday. They said they will call me when they can. however i just talked to the manager at dicks again and my second interview is still on for today at 3pm...take 4 8)
Joe

Im feeling good about this one! [-o<

Hang in there, sometimes places test you to see how much crap you will put up with. In retail you do sometimes have to put up with a lot. But if store mgmt are idiots and you get your foot in the door, you can sky rocket to the top. Good luck

BassAddict said:
jirwin6985 said:
Now who wants a new fishing rod :lol:
Joe

Congratz!! And if your buying us all celebratory fishing rods ill take 4!!!

BA now you got an "IN" at dicks ...i can see it now Shaw Grigsby hocking JD BAITS as seen on tinboats.net available at dicks

great news glad it worked out...when do you start?

redbug said:
BA now you got an "IN" at dicks ...i can see it now Shaw Grigsby hocking JD BAITS as seen on tinboats.net available at dicks

The only thing I want from Shaw Grigsby is a recording of him saying "Denny, she's a big old piig!!!" that I could play after catching every bass (even the dinky ones). Ideally what id like to do is find an unknow angler and set the Bassmaster Elite series on fire and bring Jim and tinboats along for the ride!!!!