Got it finished

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtydg

Reaction score
I started this project last year in August. It's been in the water for a few months now. It turned out pretty well. Learned a lot in the process. Thanks to all of you gents who answered questions, gave advice, and some needed motivation at times.

Now I'm looking for a 16' to go to work on!

Attachments

• P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    660.7 KB · Views: 1,572
  • P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    692.7 KB · Views: 1,572
  • in the waterJPG.JPG
    in the waterJPG.JPG
    627.5 KB · Views: 1,572
Just need to work on the trailer a little bit. Then it will be "Restored Showroom" for a fact! One thing again it will have a "simi" virginal face to work on.

Thanks guy's. I did the trailer rebuild as well. Added 5 feet of trailer tongue and every nut, washer, bolt, bearing and wire is new. I'm happy that I put in the work.

How did you get the scum out of the interior?

I'm looking for a cheap and easy way, but fear the solution is going to involve more than spray and wipe. :(

A very clean and handsome job.
Nice work.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=330710#p330710 said:
Kismet » Yesterday, 21:35[/url]"]How did you get the scum out of the interior?

I'm looking for a cheap and easy way, but fear the solution is going to involve more than spray and wipe. :(

A very clean and handsome job.
Nice work.

The old fashion way. Angle grinder and cone brush for the worst of it and then 100 grit sand paper and a sanding block. Washed it with an aluminum cleaner / etching product prior to prime and paint.
It really paid off. The interior paint is really tough and hard to scratch off, Same with the exterior. I used Parker Duck Boat primer and paint. Two coats of the finish paint in and out.

Latest posts