Grizzly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish2keel

Reaction score
Well guys I've talked about my boat for several months now with no pictures of it to show except for it sitting next to my house. Well thats all about to change! Im about to order a new starter and some paint and by next friday my boat will be all finished besides another seat and a trolling motor!

Now a background on the boat. Its a 2002 tracker grizzly 1648 with a trailer star trailer. I found a guy by my home that worked for the game and fish here in florida. He was selling the boat and trailer for 1500 bucks and it had only been used 10 times give or take. He doesn't even have roller marks on the bow! He said he got the boat and it just sat because game and fish gave him an airboat and thats what he rides in now. I couldn't say no and bought it off of him.

The boat has an open hull with a split bench in the back. So it has just two seats in it. Super light weight just how I like it. It has factory shadow grass from the bass pro shops in orlando.

Then came my search for a motor. I wanted something that was tough, could take a beating, but that was a tiller. After a while I got a lead on a guy up the state that had a 16 foot jon boat with a 1989 40hp evinrude tiller electric. So i drove up to the guy and checked it out. He said it was working but it needed a new solenoid. I was half skeptical but i told the guy after driving for 2 1/2 hours one way to make me a deal. He said 500 for boat, motor, and trailer! SOLD!!! He actually had the jon boat I wanted before I got my grizzly.

So I took it all home and decided I didn't need two 16 foot aluminum boats so I sold the boat and trailer the next day. Made a little money and so the motor was basically free.

I then had to leave for the summer to start my summer job. My father lives in alaska and I had been captaining my other boat,a 32 foot rabalo express with twin 350 yamahas! Sweet perfection! Well after 2 years I finally could get a slip in valdez alaska near where my father lives and we pulled the boat this passed summer over 5k miles! So all summer I guided fished for our friends and others for salmon and halibut and worked my summer job in the bush building houses, garages, and doing land clearings.

So when I got home I put my motor in the shop to be repaired and my boat to be welded up( the last owner mounted some plate on the transom and it has 4 nickel size holes in the transom). Well yesterday I went to check out my motor and my mechanic said it would only be 250 bucks for cleaning the carbs, putting new lube, oil, etc, fixing the wiring, new plugs, and a few other odd and end things. I paid the man and then told him I would bring him my new starter to replace my old one and to weld my boat. He said 100 bucks and it would be done in an hours time! So next week the boat will be done(waiting for my new starter and grip to come in). I will finally after all my work get to fish, hunt, and enjoy the swamps of florida!

I will have pictures up for you guys soon!

Now for a few questions. I have a prop well two actually. Im not sure the pitch since the guy I got the motor from gave them to me. Any way to tell the pitch or do I need some sort of pitch gauge?

Also one is pretty beat up should I still use it or just get it fixed or what?

And will 3 blades or 4 make any difference?

Thanks guy!

If your in florida and looking to take a ride or anything ill be on the water next weekend!

F2k

Also i checked one prop that I had with me in the garage and its a 12 1/2 x 13. That seems like not much pitch for a 40. Am I wrong?