Grumman Eagle 17 foot Canoe HIN??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats horrible! Keep calling the cops and post on craigslist. The 17' is desirable but was most popular so you can find another. We use a 1980 18' just like yours and think it's awesome. We used it on Sunday. I bought a gallon of Air Conditioner coil cleaner then cleaned the outside AC coils and canoe at the same time. Wet sanded with 320 and it goes good. I hope you find yours or get another one. Good ones here are about $450. Just stay away from the short tippy ones unless you go solo. Hope you get it back. Call the scap yards with the serial number. A meth head probably stole it for quick cash. :(

Aw man SATX, I hope it pops up somewhere and they nab the guy. I realize that there are more serious crimes that need the attention of the PD, but this is the 21st century and you would think they could at least enter the S/N into the system.

LDUBS; All,

Fwiw, I now KNOW who stole my canoe & my little 12' fiberglass boat. = He works for my landlord as a plumber & has admitted to more than one person that he didn't know whose 2 watercraft that they were, so he, "cut the chains & took them home".

So far the SAPD hasn't arrested him to my knowledge. = SAPD doesn't even seem interested in an about 800.oo theft.

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
LDUBS; All,

Fwiw, I now KNOW who stole my canoe & my little 12' fiberglass boat. = He works for my landlord as a plumber & has admitted to more than one person that he didn't know whose 2 watercraft that they were, so he, "cut the chains & took them home".

So far the SAPD hasn't arrested him to my knowledge. = SAPD doesn't even seem interested in an about 800.oo theft.

yours, satx

Soooo, if you don't know who owns it then it is OK to take it? Amazing that someone would think like that.

Sorry to hear about the lack of PD support. I hope you at least got your stuff back and that your landlord is looking for a new plumber.

LDUBS,

That attitude is called: THE CRIMINAL OUTLOOK.

NO, I don't have my canoe/boat back, as the PD told me to NOT try to recover them until after he is arrested.
(He did get fired from his job but nothing else yet.)

yours, satx

Biokleen Aluminum Cleaner will clean that canoe with ease. I use it to etch bare aluminum boats to avoid sun reflection. I also use it before I paint a boat.

To All,

As of yesterday afternoon, I was told that SAPD will do NOTHING about this case, except "ask the man if he has your property".
I was also advised during the phone call to STAY AWAY from the neighborhood & NOT try to find my boat & canoe.

I am UTTERLY DISUSTED with the SAPD.

yours, satx

Of course the cops won't help you. There is a chance they may have to spend 10 minutes outside of the air conditioning. This is a free country so I'd go get my boat back. If you have proof of purchase then bring it with you. If not then print all of this thread proving it was in yours before the police report. You even listed the vin in your first post. Screen shot the user profile page that shows you logged in and your email. That and copy of police report are proof enough for a judge if it got to that. Go cruise and walk around till you find it. Grab it and go. If asked wip out that police report. Don't be a puss or rollover for the cops and crooks. Pretty much the same thing. Slimy basstards.

satx78247 said:
To All,

As of yesterday afternoon, I was told that SAPD will do NOTHING about this case, except "ask the man if he has your property".
I was also advised during the phone call to STAY AWAY from the neighborhood & NOT try to find my boat & canoe.

I am UTTERLY DISUSTED with the SAPD.

yours, satx

Yeah, that is pretty bad. Maybe tell them you are going to retrieve your boat and ask that they hang around at the curb just in case something goes south.