Grumman Sportboat for sale?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callison

Reaction score
Hello all:
Trying to find a grumman sport boat near NC. Grumman's dealer network is sparse and most don"t have any stock. Any members know of any in decent shape for sale? I think even prepandemic the price is absurd for a new one, as I got a 2021 new alweld MV 1548 for about half.

Similar, but truly not the same, look up Golden Hawk canoes...hand laid fiberglas square stern-ish (more like a balcony so the stern has a canoe point, but motor can be mounted above it).

I have one and love it. Lemme see if I can find a pic.
(sound track from Girl from Ipenema plays tall and tan and young and....)

100_1373.JPG100_1374.JPG100_1381.JPG

Best wishes.

Wow! I am not sure I even have a pic of that boat anymore. That was taken on Arbuckle Creek just west of Avon Park (Sebring) Florida with a friend of mine. We had a ball that day and actually ran over a full tank through that little 3hp engine which is a feat in itself! Thanks for the memory!

Loved that boat, Pappy. I yearned for one from the first moment I saw one owned by a good friend's father.

When you posted back in 2016, I copied the images to put in my "one day" file. Never forgot them. Never came across a Grumman, so I settled for the Golden Hawk. Not the same, but serviceable for my needs.golden hawk owo article w  Mick pic (2).png

BTW, thanks for all you do on this forum. You remind me of a late, great, friend.

Happy Holidays and best wishes for a great 2023.

I copied those. Makes me wish, once again, that I would not have sold that boat.
I know where there is another in Sebring, Fl. and two more down in okeechobee, Fl.
I like that boat you got. How wide is it? Classic bow on it !
I couldn't find any other shots of your canoe, but here's the link to the Golden Hawk web site.
Says 39 inch width.

https://goldenhawkcanoes.com/
100_1377.JPG

best wishes. Happy Holidays.

Latest posts