Handrail/hand hold

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Livn

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Hi boaters! I’ve found threads on railings put on tins but I’m looking for something more specific. Has anyone put balance/stabilizing holds on a 14 footer? I’m thinking something that can help to get in and then removed/shortened so it doesn’t interfere with casting. Lots of ideas rolling around in this old brain but nothing coalescing! Thanks!

Hi boaters! I’ve found threads on railings put on tins but I’m looking for something more specific. Has anyone put balance/stabilizing holds on a 14 footer? I’m thinking something that can help to get in and then removed/shortened so it doesn’t interfere with casting. Lots of ideas rolling around in this old brain but nothing coalescing! Thanks!
Something akin to a telescopic suitcase handle may work. Obviously would have to be heavy duty.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hea...pLqooAw&bih=596&biw=1360&client=firefox-b-1-e
Food for thought anyways. Good Luck!

The canvass top supports on my boat are reasonably robust. They double as boarding handles when I'm going from the dock to the boat or vise versa. I'm not as spry as I used to be. Having something to grab onto when boarding and disembarking the boat makes things so much easier.

There are a lot of removable boarding handles designed to fit in flush rod holders. Google "boat boarding handles". Seems making something out of lightweight tubing would be fairly simple.

Here is a random pic one designed to fit in a rod holder. The second pic is from Fish-On-Fabrications. It looks like a permanent mount.

bboarding handle.png
grab rail.png

Last edited:
Thoughts evolving on this. Even an old wood closet rod cut to length would work. Just need a sleeve to slip it in for use then remove and store when not in use. Sleeve could be a plastic pipe, hole in a bench, or maybe even a rod holder pivoted to the right direction.

The canvass top supports on my boat are reasonably robust. They double as boarding handles when I'm going from the dock to the boat or vise versa. I'm not as spry as I used to be. Having something to grab onto when boarding and disembarking the boat makes things so much easier.

There are a lot of removable boarding handles designed to fit in flush rod holders. Google "boat boarding handles". Seems making something out of lightweight tubing would be fairly simple.

Here is a random pic one designed to fit in a rod holder. The second pic is from Fish-On-Fabrications. It looks like a permanent mount.

View attachment 117357
View attachment 117358
Another great idea! Thanks