Help painting Seaark interior

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheel10

Reaction score
Picked a 2072 fxjt seaark. It's only a 2017 but it was rode hard and put away wet. the guy piled the hours on the boat in a short amount of time. Anyway the interior is extremely worn. It has the linex in a sharkskin grey interior. Can this be easily repainted? Any suggestions on steps would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a picture. Yes it is dirty, but the majority of that is just worn. Not looking for showroom new, more good from far-far from good. I may do seadek on it at some point anyway. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpeg
    IMG_1527.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 2
Even the interior ?? Can't tell from your pic...Many of us on here have had good sucess with rustoleum exterior paint on our alum boats. Some have used quality auto paint on exteriors etc. I am sure you will get some additional feedback. The trick is surface preperation...then proper primer to get the paint to stick. On one of my tinnies I went with the hammertone finnish andbit looked great, also stopped the sun reflection/ glare with the hammered finnish, many compliments on it... Many use carpet, some glue down marine vinyl over the aluminum...lots of options so what do you want and how are you going to use the boat ?? Just some food for thought. !!!

I agree with airshot, prepping the interior is critical to a lasting finish; I would stay with the linex coating as I've had much success with these types of coatings on many of my boats, durable and easy to keep clean, not sure what previous owner did to wear it out so fast but the bed of my truck has lasted for over 15 years with linex and I hauled wood, trash, leaves, tree limbs, etc. and nothing hurt it, scratches yes but easily repaired.

Rustoleum, I totally rebuilt my 1997 SeaArk 1872 and used Rustoleum Topside in and rolled it on. https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-206999-Marine-Topside-1-Quart/dp/B000BZTJT2/ref=sr_1_4?hvadid=474280488873&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9052934&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3444195740290006692&hvtargid=kwd-315647933750&hydadcr=7660_11327362&keywords=rustoleum+topside+boat+paint&qid=1683121151&sr=8-4&th=1

Came out great and I have a rebuild thread here. KEY IS PREP and if you don't spend the time on prep, well not so good. I painted the entire boat with this. TON OF WORK trust me.... I gave it 4 coats. I documented the entire rebuild with video at the link below if you get bored, HOURS video from start to finish: SeaArk Rescue All on YouTube

Last edited: