Here's the new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re2nr

Reaction score
Hello to all. Here is the new boat on the rainy Monday when we brought it home. Took it out the following Saturday and had a blast, but realized the transom would have to be replaced sooner rather than later so the next weekend the boat set home while I was working on the new transom. Thanks to all the good ideas I got from Tin Boats, I strayed from Marine plywood and treated lumber for a piece of pine cut to shape and planed down (using a belt sander) then 3 coats of spar urethane. Will post a pic of finished result soon. But thought you might enjoy where we started from. Happy Boating,
Bob

Attachments

• boat new.jpg
    boat new.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,084
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,084
  • rough.jpg
    rough.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,084
:WELCOME: to Tinboats!

Thats an awesome Rig you picked up. If you don't mind me asking what did it set you back?$ Be sure to update your location too, I see those Reg#'s are GA. We've got a lot of members in Georgia and not long ago we all almost got together.

Looking forward to transom pics.

Ok, sorry to take so long, but here are the transom pics. Also a couple of my new trailer. It's huge :D . More trailer than even I wanted, but hey, it was within budget and timing was right so better too big than too small. Hope to get the boat on it this week so I can modify or add new bunks to fit.TRANSOM R.jpgTRANSOME L.jpgTRAILERR.jpgTRAILERF.jpg

Hey all. Hope all is well. I forgot to elaborate about the new trailer. It came with a fiberglass boat. A monster of a boat. Almost 18' long and close to 6' wide, and close to 3' deep. I'm thinking you could ride in the ocean and not worry too much about the waves. But, it was old and would make a massive resto project. I really hated to trash it. Good news. I found it a home. A real home, I think. 1 guy wanted to bury it in his back yard and put gold fish in it. Another wanted to use it as a flower bed. But this guy has dreams of restoring her and taking it out in the deep water. From the look on her face I don't think the wife was too impressed. But I'll leave that and their plans to them. I'm just happy I didn't have to scuttle her. Only down side was time involved taking away from working the new trailer to hold the Anna Lee. But I am already scheming and planning the changes (hehehe).
Happy boating.
Bob