Homemade Grillin' Beans my way..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
Homemade Grillin’ Beans

First off, this makes a BIG pot! You can cut the ingredients in half for a smaller pot, but I never do because we keep eating them until they are gone. They are just as good (if not better) the next day re-heated. These are awesome.....

1 lb. of thick sliced Bacon.
1 1/2lbs. of lean hamburger. You can use the higher fat content, just drain it well.
2 lbs. of Smoked Kielbasa
1 large, or 2 medium Onions, diced.
1 tall can of Bush Hickory and Bacon Baked Beans.
1 tall can of Campbells Honey Ham Baked Beans.
2, 16oz. cans of Bush Butter Beans.
½ bag of frozen Lima Beans (optional)
½ cup of Brown Sugar.
½ cup of Ketchup.
½ cup of your Favorite BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays).
4 oz. (1/4 cup) of your favorite Hot Sauce, or to taste.

Fry off the Bacon and Hamburger until done. Crush or cut the bacon into pieces, crumble the HB meat, slice the Kielbasa into ½” chunks, then set aside.
Using 2 tablespoons of the reserved bacon grease, cook the onions until tender and clear, but not brown. Then add all the ingredients and simmer on low heat for about an hour, or until all the flavors have blended and the Lima beans (if used) are done.

I got the basic recipe out of a Cholula hot sauce recipe book, and modified it a little. You might want to do something a little different as well, but this recipe tastes really good like it is. Hope you all like it!

...1 1/2lbs. of lean hamburger. You can use the higher fat content, just drain it well...

A trick I've seen my wife use for years for hamburger meat that is too fatty, is to break it up into a 2qt pan of water and boil it before using it for whatever recipe she's doing. It'll "remove" the fat/grease, and then all you have to do is drain it through a collander, and you're ready to go. :)

A trick I've seen my wife use for years for hamburger meat that is too fatty, is to break it up into a 2qt pan of water and boil it before using it for whatever recipe she's doing. It'll "remove" the fat/grease, and then all you have to do is drain it through a collander, and you're ready to go. :)[/quote]

Thats a good tip, going to have to try that