How fast should I go

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok wait a minute........ Is this djchris? I am now confused as to who is who #-o

30 mph is fast enough to be scary in a 14' tin. I'm just saying from all the info and experience I have it is not possible to hit 39.6 with your motor unless it is specifically setup for racing. That would mean racing lower unit with a better gear ratio (1.50:1) a chopper SS propeller with high pitch and a boat, motor and operator total weight of approx 400lbs or less. Then you can probably touch the 50mph mark in a 25hp if you rev her to say 6000-6500 rpm while running a 37:1-25:1 mix

sorry yes we are the same person.....for some reason my laptop at work logged me in as the colson....thought i got rid of that one years ago....anyways thanks for the info.....i actually tested out my gps on my phone today heading home from work and it was off by about 4 mile and hour or so.....either that or my speedo on my car is off.....i won't be able to test the gps on my boat so i don't know

Latest posts