How much more stability?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driftingrz

Reaction score
alright so my 14v project is pretty much finished. i never seem to get a chance to fish alone so space to move around and extra stability with 2 people moving around is a must.. and this boat just isnt gonna cut it, maybe wouldnt be as bad if i wasnt so top heavy :?

been pricing out some New tins and ive got my eyes on the 1542 tracker topper (riveted). i already have a nice trailer that i got with a 16' glass parts boat, so it seems logical for the price to go ahead and buy a new boat. i didnt realise they were so affordable

so i guess my question is how much more stability am i gonna feel on this 1542 FLATbottom compared to my 14v? ive only fished 1 flatbottom it was a 32-36" floor and i didnt even try to stand up (first time in a boat years ago)

defnately gonna have a bowmount trolling motor and id like to be able to move around at will without going swimming. i just tested my 14v boat today with the new trolling motor and its doable from the front deck but it would be sketchy in wind or with a partner, if it makes a difference the deck would be no higher than the front bench, would have the motor elevated

one last question, anybody know about the "livewell" thats built in? is it just a sealed bench with a plug? or a gravity fill of sorts?

Topper-1542-LW-Riveted-Jon_img21853_700.jpg

2013-03-17_14-28-08_209_zps888adb86.jpg

I think you're gonna want at a least 48" if you're "topheavy" or just put a floor in the 42, not a seat high front deck.

Agree with the 48" bottom.
I have a 16' TRACKER GRIZZLEY with a 54" bottom, but my buddy has a 14/48 which is very stable with the two of us fishing out of it.