I’m done with this cold weather

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the 180+ days of rain killed us as well. Now add the cold and surprise, today it rained again and the river is already up 8 feet and still rising! #-o I guess the bright side of things is that I didn't spend as much money on gas in the boats this past year or money going golfing. But I did spend more for mowing the lawn. I hope 2019 can get us a little closer to normal, but Monday we were at 3 degrees and today it hit 61 so not really much normal about that.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I snow plow during the winter.
This year from the day after Thanksgiving it was 45 days without snow and above normal temps in Chicago. This week we had 2 snow storm that put down over a foot of snow.

Ground hog day is in about a week.

UPDATE!
Sub zero over night temps.
It's -7 now with wind chill of -25.

Right about now a lot of people are getting tired of winter. Now is when I start planning a trip to the low desert.
It helps adjust the attitude to get out in some warm sunshine.

If you don't like winter, you are doing it wrong!

IMG_2228-L.jpg

20170129_100223-L.jpg

There is always ice somewhere to fish and there is always snow somewhere to ride on!

Its been in the 70’s in AZ. I took Bella to the lake to swim and to collect firewood on Wednesday.

77A48172-0781-46B8-B621-AEE069F4E159.jpeg

New River Rat said:

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
2 days of cold not big deal.
Where the heck does the Commonwealth of Virginia only get two days of cold? I awoke to 20, but I suppose that doesn't qualify as winter....huh?

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
180 days of rain is killing us.
I'm human, I adapt.

Low of 20 and high of 50 in a day doesn't count as cold for me. When the flat water freezes over I call it cold. That's only happened once here when we had two days of teens with windchill in single digits.

Two different watersheds run through my home county the Dan and the Roanoke. Hard to adapt to rivers being over flood stage once a month since September.

The real cold hasn’t even started yet. The high temp in Chicago on Wednesday is predicted to be -15. The low will be -25. I don’t care who you are, that’s cold.

Scott F said:
The real cold hasn’t even started yet. The high temp in Chicago on Wednesday is predicted to be -15. The low will be -25. I don’t care who you are, that’s cold.
-24 in Algonquin Illinois now. It might drop one or two more degrees.

- 27F on my window thermometer.

House creaking due to contraction, maybe nails loosening?

USPS halted mail delivery, all city buildings closed.

Cabin fever starting to set in.

Hope car starts, it is in unheated garage.

Need to go somewhere!

PS - under the furnace exhaust pipe, I get a stalagmite of ice,

I knocked it down yesterday & today it has already grown back, about 18 inches tall!

Down here in the summer, I leave my car running with the AC on and keep the remote in my pocket.

I once did that with my dog in the car to mail some letters with the window cracked open for the few seconds I was away (but the car was still in my view) a guy reached in to unlock the door and Sparky grabbed his arm. When he yanked it out her teeth ripped his arm wide open. I was a few feet from him by then and hit the remote and he said he was going to sue me.

I went to hand him my phone to call 911 and told him to explain to them why his arm was in the car window for the report. He ran away cursing and bleeding like a pig at the slaughter house :)

-27 over night low. In a few days it will be in the mid to upper 40's. I difference of 70 degrees.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
-27 over night low. In a few days it will be in the mid to upper 40's. I difference of 70 degrees.
UPDATE.
-29!
The record low for the state of Illinois is -33. Moline is getting close.