I hate virus writers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man I know what you mean. Last week I clicked on a Google link that McAfee Site Advisor (not related to McAfee anti-virus) and AVG both said were safe and got that darn thing again. I don't know where it came from the first time but the 2nd time as soon as I clicked the link it started loading. I ran "malwarebytes" free both times and got rid of it. Odd thing was that when the scan ended malwarebytes said "no threats found" but AV 2009 was gone.

My boss has gotten that Antivirus 2008 Xp in his home laptop. #-o I tried for 3 hours to get rid of it. I found the files for it but you can't delete them when they are in use. I tried all kinds of stuff. It just regenerates itself after a reboot. I had to format and reinstall to get rid of it. I traced the files down to a time when my boss was away and no one was using the computer. It downloaded and installed itself. Very dangerous program!

Just an FYI... nothing downloads and installs itself without some type of user interaction. [-X

Even if your bosses' computer is connected to the internet 24/7, if there is no spyware, virus, malware, trojan horse or worm already on the machine, there is nothing out there that will connect his machine to the internet and then go to a site and DL anything. Something had to already be resident on the system for something like what you are describing to happen. He was probably already infected and didn't know it.

Latest posts