I-Pilot users?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
I finally got my pd v2 with i-pilot installed today and tried it out.

Mine beeps like crazy and is pretty annoying up front where my buddy sits. (doesn't bother me because I can't hear high pitched tones and I'm in the back)

Is it just the nature of the beast or did I install something wrong or am I doing something wrong?

The instructions are less than helpfull when it comes to the audio part. I can't figure out how to change between the two modes and even what the difference is. ( i hold the + and - but I can't see anything changing)

It was very windy today and was blowing me all over the place so probably wasn't a good day to try out a new toy and break in a new operator who has never used a front mount and doesn't have good luck with a transom mount. (me)

does it beep just when you hit a button or just randomly. there supposed to beep when some of the buttons are pressed like the speed, anchor, but the directional buttons dont beep. If it is aq random beep go back and check all of your conections on the i pilot head then check your plug to battarie (if you have one) or your connections to your battarie.

I have the i pilot on my power drive and even if your plug has a weak connection you will be annoyed by a beeping sound alot. hope this helps

T-MAN said:
does it beep just when you hit a button or just randomly. there supposed to beep when some of the buttons are pressed like the speed, anchor, but the directional buttons dont beep. If it is aq random beep go back and check all of your conections on the i pilot head then check your plug to battarie (if you have one) or your connections to your battarie.

I have the i pilot on my power drive and even if your plug has a weak connection you will be annoyed by a beeping sound alot. hope this helps

It beeps without pushing any buttons on the remote. It came with the i-pilot installed, do you mean take the cover off and check them?

I don't have a plug on it yet just rings because I don't have my power cable run to the back yet. I just put my battery in a minn kota power box and have it sitting up front next to the motor so I could try it out.

Did yours come with terminal rings on it or bare wire? Mine had some rings on the wire and some of the small stuff came in a regular ziploc baggy. Makes me wonder if Cabelas sold me a return.

batman said:
Mine came with rings already on the wires,i cut them off and installed a plug.
DanD

I was wondering about that because I have seen several in stores (gander mountain, farm king) that are just bare wire waiting for a ring or plug.

Also the regular bag that said ziploc on it had me worried. You wouldn't think a factory would use those especially when there was the normal unnamed bags holding other stuff.

I have my receptacle mounted on the boat just waiting to get some hangers to hold the cable from back to front. The ones I bought won't work. Too big.

mine had terminal rings when purchased and some installiation parts in a bag but we installed a heavy duty plug after it was installed.

we installed the i pilot on our powerdrive. There are a couple of wires in the head that run from the new head to the trolling motor. I might would pull the head off and make sure you have a good connection where the wires splice together.

The batteries might be bad in the remote itself. Even though they are new they might be cheap ones or bad ones. Im not sure if that would cause it to beep though!

T-MAN said:
The batteries might be bad in the remote itself. Even though they are new they might be cheap ones or bad ones. Im not sure if that would cause it to beep though!

I'll pick up some batteries to try but the low battery isn't showing on the remote.

The beeping is coming from the trolling motor itself. I was fishing by myself this morning and sat up front and found out why my fishing buddy didn't like it! lol I moved to the back where I can hardly hear it.

I don't know if it's beeping when the motor is making corrections on the track or maybe propeller speed but it's pretty constant. Sounds like someone is trying to send some morse code.

I'm getting four bars on the signal too so I wouldn't think that was a cause either.

But, you are saying that yours only makes noise when you push a button?

OK, just got off the phone with Brenda at minn kota and they are sending me a new head unit. She said it isn't supposed to beep all the time just about every 20 foot or so.

Thats good but like I told her I bought the i-pilot installed tm so I wouldn't have to take anything apart. So much for that idea!

Also the regular bag that said ziploc on it had me worried. You wouldn't think a factory would use those especially when there was the normal unnamed bags holding other stuff.

Brenda filled me in on this too! She said that they own the company that makes ziploc and a lot of people ask about the bags.

from what I've read about installing an Ipilot on a MK, its only 4 screws and one electrical plug/connection, doesn't sound too hard to me, but I'll find out in next few weeks and let ya know.

Latest posts