Installing a permanent gas tank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jangle

Reaction score
Hey guys, last year i moved my portable 6 gallon tank to the front of my 1648 and put it under the small fishing deck. I really like it being up there, but the 6 gallon tank is not going to cut it. I have acquired a 16 gallon Tempo permanent poly tank that will fit perfectly under the fishing deck. I am in the process of building a rack that the tank will sit in and be secured to the boat. My qustions are, is 16 gallons going to be to much weight in the front of a 1648? I honestly plan on just filling it to probably 10 gallons most of the time. Also, where the tank is going is wide opened facing into the boat, will i still need to put a breather fitting above the deck? Anyone with experience putting these tanks in? below are some pics of where the 6 gallon tank is sitting right now.

gas area.jpg

20161115_203407.jpg

Assuming your fill point is above deck, I would just run the vent line next to that.

Just FYI. USCG regs want a fuel overrflow situation to run off the side of the boat, not into the hull. Very common sense.