Installing uhmw on my 1656 G3

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fisher88 said:
Hey guys I have been fishing nearly every weekend. Doing some exploring on new stretches of river now that I have the protection on the boat. It is holding up way better than I imagined it would. I wish that I had a decent camera to film some of the rivers that I have been running lately. I am not a salesman for Reltek or anything of the sort I just found them by doing my own personal research and I will have to say that anyone looking to take on this project I would without a doubt recommend the product that i used which was the bondit b 45th. I have bashed some rocks running down stream at full speed and it barely left a mark on the uhmw. I don't recall if I mentioned before but i did not use the virgin uhmw either due to cost that also has not been an issue. I have used the boat both days every weekend just about since i have installed the bottom with not even the slightest indication of any of the adhesive letting go. Hope to see someone else give it a try and have the same results that i have.

Good to know brother!! Glad to see it's holding up for ya! :beer:

A DIY UHMW application that worked out well? I am on this like a German Shepherd on roast beef.

Raylance said:
I saw the OP's boat for sale on craigslist.

Are you sure? Do you have a link or what area? Hope the adhesive is holding up.

The listing must have been removed because I can't find it now. It was listed in Virginia. He was asking $18500 for it.

Anyone heard from the owner of this boat or know who may have it now? I have my doubts that the glue worked.

Latest posts