iPods (again)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the hammer said:
2. It's been a long time since I've used LimeWire but even if you don't share, your downloading history can be traced.

Shareing songs is uploading not downloading, if you look at the majaroity of RIAA lawsuits they are concerned with people who share.

here is a news story on cnet about music SHAREING!!!

https://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6450_7-5081098-1.html

1. ..... Even so, quite a few people get nasty viruses by opening files sent by "trusted sources".

2. It's been a long time since I've used LimeWire but even if you don't share, your downloading history can be traced.

3. Bugger the recording industry. If I purchase a piece of music, it's mine to do with what I wish. By the RIAA's logic, you shouldn't be allow to play music at a party unless everybody within earshot sends money to the record company before your guests are allowed to listen.

1. Perhaps they should reconsider who they trust. :wink: Seriously, if you use a computer and bring anything onboard from an outside source, you are taking a risk. It's your responsibility, as the user, to exercise caution and discretion regarding outside content. Shared floppy disks (remember them???) were the source of most all viruses before the explosion of the internet.

2. True, as with everything else you do on a computer or on the internet, your activities can be traced and you are never as anonymous as you think.

3. Couldn't agree more !!!! I've purchased all my music at least 3 times over as the format it is distributed on has changed from records to tapes (8 track & then cassettes) to CDs and the recording companies have yet to offer to exchange the old format for the new. You can only purchase it again at full retail price and then only if you can find it (the stupid bastards have "lost" the masters to many of the old recordings and cannot duplicate those properly from the production recordings and often can't be bothered because it's not "cost effective"). These days, if it's purchased or downloaded (most are downloaded for me) it is mine to do with as I wish and the RIAA can go pound sand !!! Possession is 9/10ths of the law !!!