Is it worth it?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSUbass

Reaction score
Ok, I traded a small pirogue for a 14' v-hull jon a little while ago. I've spent a little time stripping paint on it, and I got to wondering if it was even worth it to try and fix it up.

My reasoning is that it needs some work (leaky rivets in quite a few spots, strip all paint, repaint, rebuild transom, fix drain plug hole). Except that, after I get done with all that, I still need to find a trailer for it, because it's way too huge to go into the bed of my truck. And the only trailers I have ever seen for sale are about $500-$600. So, I would have to spend like prolly $150 or $200 to get it just fixed up, and another lets say $500 to get it to the lake. I mean, I have seen plenty of jon/trailer combos for sale that are about as much as just a trailer.

Any input would be nice. If I tried to sell it, what do you think is a fair price for the boat I mentioned above?

Alot of it will just depend upon you. Many of us like to mod our boats, and many times it will exceed the value of the boat (for what you could actually sell it for). What did you consider the value of the boat you traded? If it was $50, you've got a little "room" for expenses, if it was $500.....you don't have nearly as much.

All depends on what you want to end-up with, and if you like working on things such as a project boat. No one can make that decision but you.

More info (year & make) as well as pics of the boat would help.......

ST

Northern Tool and Harbor Freight sale boat trailers under $300.We need pics,make/model,and size to give a fairly reasonable sale price.Winter coming up prices decline.If you can hold onto it until spring, you maybe able to get a lot more for it.You have a better chance of a quick sale also.Just have the paper work ready to go.

Latest posts